Seperate game worlds

xXDeathRangerXx

Me and my friend play on a private server I host with Pwnozor's server pack, but sometimes I wanna play on my own. Is there anyway I can have two seperate game worlds/saves without having to duplicate my entire server file or put it on another computer? I have enough room on my desktop PC if it comes down to duplication, but I was hoping there would be a better way.

You do not need to duplicate your @DayZ or @hive, nor do you need to duplicate your \MySQL or Mission File. You do however need to duplicate your cfgdayz (call if cfgdayz2 or something different). In this cfg dayz, edit your server.cfg to change server name etc etc. Now open up your database and duplicate the entire database of hivemind and give it a new name (I called mine testingmind, but you can call it what you like). Now that's done, you need to change the database name in HiveEXT.ini (i think, may be my.ini - i will check when I am home). The database log in should be the same, as will the port. You will only ever need one mysql service running. Finally you need to duplicate your @START_SERVER.bat and give the duplicate a different name. Edit this new duplicate and change the server port to your new one (Will probably be 2314), change the cfgdayz\server.cfg to cfgdayz2 or whatever you called your new cfgdayz folder and change the database name in the mysql line to your second database.
It should now work.

I hope this makes sense.

Back