Server + Mission PBO help needed, server aint running with custom files

fluffie2307

So well i have now gotten myself a custom server and mission PBO, but when i load them on my server it stuck on waiting server for authentication, it has been working before on another server, where i had a friend of mine to help me edit the files so it would work, but at this very moment he is on vacation and not available to help me, could it be possible some of you out there could help me and check it through?

Extract the mission pbo to a folder and edit the init.sqf use notepad++ change the instance 1292 to your servers instance like my new server instance is 11.
1292 was my old server from dayZ.st

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1292; //The instance

If you are with dayZ.st Your Bliss_four-digit-number is your servers instance number.
other server providers, get your default mission just edit the init.sqf or Extract your mission pbo to a folder and edit init.sqf to get your server instance number.

The custom pbo's you Downloaded and are trying to use will Obviously be running the Servers instance from the server they worked / tested or run on before they were uploaded after you change that re pbo and upload, turn your server on should be able to connect now.

That is stupid the instance # must already work in that pbo for the server you are running that only should matter if you are running different maps or atleast with a good host idk about dayz.st though:/ how about you upload an rpt and let us trouble shoot correctly with some logs

That is stupid the instance # must already work in that pbo for the server you are running that only should matter if you are running different maps or atleast with a good host idk about dayz.st though:/ how about you upload an rpt and let us trouble shoot correctly with some logs
Stupid is what stupid aint buddy ive ran 7 dayZ servers currently run a server right now and script for 4 other servers im telling you this makes the pbo's work on your server.. it does matter ive downloaded pbo packs nothing works until you change the instance to match your server then the server will NOT SAY "WAIT FOR HOST" after you try to connect. in the end pbo' packs are all outdated using old scripts you are much better adding them all yourself after finding each updated version of each script.

Well like i said i dont deal with Dayz.st for that reason the dumb way they do instancing instead (from what I have noticed) of running say epoch chernarus as the 11th instance they run it at 19482 instance or something like that

Edit:
And no shit I have worked on scripting for 2 years just never mastered the reality engine so I don't dev. my own

if you have been playing in the sql database and made an error this will give you the "WAIT FOR HOST" when trying to connect as well suggest reset your sql database and start editing/adding again

a wait for host error is usually caused by an init error or desc.ext not hive that will just get you stuck on wait for character to create reason i say this is that the server loads the mission before it loads the scripts inside the mission and if there is any errors in the desc.ext init.sqf or the mission.sqm it will not load properly causing that issue

Extract the mission pbo to a folder and edit the init.sqf use notepad++ change the instance 1292 to your servers instance like my new server instance is 11.
1292 was my old server from dayZ.st

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1292; //The instance

The instance number refers to what map you will be using for the server. normal epoch chernarus is instance 11. lingor would be 7. there are 25 of them to choose from. Dayz.st must have had something custom set up making it what you had.

Back