};
dayzE_CBLSChances set [>
20:31:56 Error position: <_j + _weight;
};
dayzE_CBLSChances set [>
20:31:56 Error Undefined variable in expression: _j
20:31:56 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\loot_init.sqf, line 57

I have searched the web for this but i could'nt find anything :(
Maybe its caused by my custom loottable?
I'm happy for any help! :) thank you!

Did you edit your loot tables? Thats a rather common error. Is it being produced throughout the game or just when the server starts up?

If its only when the server starts up, ignore it, something has not been initialized yet.

If its while the server has been running, you probably have an error in the custom loot tables. The _j is the undefined variable so in the loot tables you have omitted that. It looks to be the weights, so in the loot tables where you are supposed to have this ["loot item",.02], you have either forgotten the comma between the loot item and weight, or you have it all included in the quoted string or .. some other syntax error.
Thats my thought without seeing the files. And they can be VERY HARD to track down. You just have to examine each and every line in your loot tables for proper syntax.

If that is not the problem and you waste hours pouring over your files without finding any errors, I apologize :D
One thing for certain though is the error says loot_init.sqf. The error is definately not actually IN that file, its the files that contain the data being passed to the loot_init.sqf file that contain the error.

ANOTHER POSSIBILITY!
http://opendayz.net/threads/errors-on-log-file-arma2oaserver-rpt.14993/
The loot tables for some event that is being spawned could be hosed up.

Last edited:
Hello everybody!

My Server RPT file got spammed with this little piece of crab:

20:31:56 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\loot_init.sqf, line 55
20:31:56 Error in expression <om 0 to(_weight - 1) do
{
_weighted set[_j + _k, _l];
};
_j = _j + _weight;
};
d>
20:31:56 Error position: <_j + _k, _l];
};
_j = _j + _weight;
};
d>
20:31:56 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\loot_init.sqf, line 55
20:31:56 Error in expression <o
{
_weighted set[_j + _k, _l];
};
_j = _j + _weight;
};
dayzE_CBLSChances set [>
20:31:56 Error position: <_j + _weight;
};
dayzE_CBLSChances set [>
20:31:56 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\loot_init.sqf, line 57

I have searched the web for this but i could'nt find anything :(
Maybe its caused by my custom loottable?
I'm happy for any help! :) thank you!
if you're running 1.8.5 you might have made the mistake that I made with custom loot tables. You may have gone through and edited some commented out items you wanted added in but didn't notice they were not in the correct format. I enabled the diag_log for the loot to narrow down what it could be. (I uncommented something that was like {"ItemBloodbag", .01}, when the correct format is {"ItemBloodbag","magazine", .01})

Thank you guys :D
The error is just shown at the startup of the server, so if it's like ShootingBlanks says, i'm going to ignore it. :)
It's a little bit annoying but i can live with that. ^^

I have also found 1 entry in my CfgBuildingLoot.hpp after 2 minutes without the .. , "magazine", .. entry ^^
I added the .. , "magazine", .. entry to it.. aaaaannd the error is gone! :) <3
Biiiig Thanks again!!!

if you're running 1.8.5 you might have made the mistake that I made with custom loot tables. You may have gone through and edited some commented out items you wanted added in but didn't notice they were not in the correct format. I enabled the diag_log for the loot to narrow down what it could be. (I uncommented something that was like {"ItemBloodbag", .01}, when the correct format is {"ItemBloodbag","magazine", .01})
ditto.
the loot tables go out of their way to be confusing and i have never found a concise explanation of why the format can differ for multiple spawns of the same item in the same file.o_O

Back