Server running older patch than me? Can't Join.

Nico Riekert

Every time I try logging into my own server, it tells me bad version, rejected connection. It seems that my server is running an older version of dayz than I am? Any ideas on how I could fix this?

This is either caused by your Arma2 beta patch version or DayZ version. How are you launching the game? If your server is running off your own computer, open DayZ commander and enter 127.0.0.1 as your IP and 2302 as your port to your favourites (should be 2302 by default - if not, enter your port instead). When you join the server via DayZ commander, it should automatically launch the game with the relevant parameters to make it work. If it still isn't working, open your server.cfg and locate the variable which has your current version stored (I think its called currentBuild or something like that, it's about 20 or 30 lines down your server.cfg) and make sure its the same as your installed version. Secondly, make sure @DayZ and @Hive are in your server startup parameters. If you use pwnoz0rs @START_SERVER.bat then it should already be defined.

Back