ServerSide scripting and battleye

piXel

Valued Member!
I created a map for DayZ with an added logical storyLine. A big laboratory where the Zeds originate and entered Chernarus thru teleporting anomalies which are randomly scattered around the landscape. I also scripted companion dogs that you find in some doghouses. The dog follows and protects you, it enters and exits your vehicle when you get in and get out and barks if other humans are within 100/50 meters.

Everything works fine exept because of the scriptcheaters BE is a bit picky. Is there someone with a bit of battleye knowledge that has tips?

To be exact and have an example, I trigger my scripts thru the ini of items in mission.sqf so clients can activate a trigger on the server. For instance the dogs in 3 steps.

1. In the mission.sqf the doghouse item has
init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";

2. The dogInit.sqf has a serverSide trigger
if (isServer) exitWith
{
private ["_dogHouse","_dogSound","_trg"];
_dogHouse = _this select 0;
_dogSound = createSoundSource ["Sound_Dog", getPosATL _dogHouse, [], 0];

_trg = createTrigger ["emptyDetector", getPosATL _dogHouse];
_trg setTriggerArea [2,2,0, false];
_trg setTriggerTimeout [0,0,0, false];
_trg setTriggerActivation ["any", "present", true];
_trg setTriggerStatements ["isplayer (thisList select 0)",
"nul = [(thisList select 0)] execVM 'addin\dog.sqf',1]",
""];
};

3. Serverside creation of the dog with some scripted inteligence; dog.sqf

Any help is welcome.

Thanks, piXel

I tried the test on my server with more battleye enabled'm always kicked by battleye script restriction # 20, any solution?

although BE says #20, it is #22 createVehicle.

Solution: I rewrite teleport anomalies and particle effects those are partly clientside.

It should since you are the _leader:
//attack
If ((_distance < 10) && (side _foo != side _leader))

Maybe your or your friend is not so friendly ;) . I created it this way meaning: if you are a survivor the dog attacks bandits and viceversa. maybe if you add (isplayer _foo) no player will be attacked.

@Kayber I will post it when fixed probably in 2 days.

Dear developer of this script! I have about 50 servers in Italy and I have to ask you! Please, could you share information about your script, and complete, step by step directions for installation. Since practically know nothing about scripting. Please Respond to my email and help make my server more fun for the players! Thanks in advance! I'm sorry for my English!

Although it's finished I have not completely tested it with multiple clients. Maybe some people can help and I really would like people to use it on there server.

I tried to make it as elegant as possible. Total filesize is 100Kb incl sounds. As far as I can see at this moment. The only thing that needs to be adjusted is (might depend on your server installation):

battleye/script.txt after creatVehicleLocal:
!"createVehicleLocal getPosATL _anomaly;"

I hope to post it soon.

Preview

cheers,
piXel

piXel that is awesome work mate. I would love to be able to test it on our server, if you wanting some help testing things i'd love to help

This looks awesome. I been trying to set up more and more stuff on my server for a week now (Just got it a week ago and toying around)... I would love to test out this type of stuff or anything else anyone needs testing

Very good work piXel. I have some questions if you don't mind:

Does the dog persist within the hive? e.g. if you log in and out the dog will still be there?

@Alexey0391 I received your personal message, sorry for not replying. Unfortunately I am notoriously bad in using social network apps. But I have your attention. I will help you and maybe others will even better.

@Audio Rejectz I will post the map later this day. So anyone interested can test it. You will find the .sqf's

@shinkicker
It does not persist within the hive. (keep it simple make it work) The dog even dies and deletes if a player logs out (to keep the server clean) and a dog becomes available for an other player. I have limited the amount of dogs to 10. To make it a valuable leathal asset. I saw it more as picking up a companion.

I thought of using a special item slot and item CDF_dogtags or Kostey_notebook. that as an item could be saved in the hive. Maybe someone else can make it. but it goes past simple and working.

I am also interested i have a test server that i could tinker with this on maybe go with the tags to like the dogs to them so when you log back on you still have your dog.

piXel, do you have Skype? I am from Russia and my English is badly. please contact me on how you can be reached? write me on private message

Back