SpawnSelect and Gender Select

Jwl

I run a modified 1.8.0.3 server with custom skins. It was brought to my attention that nobody on the server was receiving the gender select screen. I looked through the config but couldn't find exactly where this would be called. Then for testing purposes i backed up my current server and redployed with the server pack to default. No matter the config in init.sqf the gender select screen never is enabled.

Is there a way to change this in 1.8.0.3 with Pwnoz0r's pack?

Thanks!

Yes I can decipher that ... its called a QUOTE. When you press the '' icon on the toolbar above it quotes text that I wrote.
Any other questions ?

What they are saying is that if you want gender selection to be displayed you have to replace your hive.dll with the hive.dll from an earlier version of Dayz. The hive.dll is located in your dayz_server folder and it has the code that handles the communication between your game and the database. All those Hive calls you see in your logs are handled by this file.

So somewhere in this code is the gender selection option.

More information you dont need to know but might help you someday:
The dll is a compiled library of functions that can be called so somewhere in the older version is a function to display the gender menu. All those hive calls we see .. Child:303, Child:309 etc . those are actually functions that we call. We just pass values to Child:309 (inventory, uid etc) and the child:309 function takes the passed array of data and processes it by using sql calls on the database
In the hive.dll is a bit of code that looks something like this:
Code:
309{
uid = passed value 1
inventory = passed value 2
mysql query to update the database
write results to the log
}

So you can see, those mysterious child:309 lines in your server files are not so mysterious, they are just functions we are calling. Maybe if we renamed child:309 to "function_that_updates_tents" it would make more sense.

And back to our original discussion. Somewhere in that hive.dll is a function that will display the gender menu if you do not have an active character. At some point that function was removed or disabled so now if you want it, you have to use an older version.

I think its a drop in replacement, It seems to be common practice. The dayz code calls the child:XXX hive calls from the hive.dll file so as long as the functions it calls are identical in the older version then it would work. I think the hive code has been pretty much static for a long time.

I got that far then it gave me this, can you help?

HiveExt: [Information] Created a new player 123456789 named 'hello'

Database: [Error] Error 1146 (Table 'hivemind.survivor' doesn't exist) in MySQLQuery SQL: 'select s.`id`, s.`worldspace`, s.`inventory`, s.`backpack`, timestampdiff(minute, s.`start_time`, s.`last_updated`) as `SurvivalTime`, timestampdiff(minute, s.`last_ate`, NOW()) as `MinsLastAte`, timestampdiff(minute, s.`last_drank`, NOW()) as `MinsLastDrank`, s.`model` from `survivor` s join `instance` i on s.`world_id` = i.`world_id` and i.`id` = 1 where s.`unique_id` = '' and s.`is_dead` = 0'

Database: [Error] Error 1146 (Table 'hivemind.instance' doesn't exist) in MySQLQuery SQL: 'select `inventory`, `backpack` from `instance` where `id` = 1'

Database: [Error] Error 1146 (Table 'hivemind.survivor' doesn't exist) in MySQLStmtPrepare SQL: 'insert into `survivor` (`unique_id`, `start_time`, `world_id`, `worldspace`, `inventory`, `backpack`, `medical`) select ?, now(), i.`world_id`, ?, i.`inventory`, i.`backpack`, ? from `instance` i where i.`id` = ?'

@CoolGamer, that's because the DLL is looking at your database as being name "Hivemind" which is how Pwnozors build is packaged. What mod are you using? DayZ, Overwatch, Epoch? If you are running a private server, you'll need to find a way to open that DLL and make the necessary changes so it is looking for the correct MySQL instance name.

I could be wrong, but this sounds legit.

Yes regular chernarus dayz mod from Pwnozors package,I'm not sure what to use to open the dll,I can open Pbo's n ini's,but can you give me a bit of help of what to add or the changes to make? Would I just be telling in to go to Pwnozors sql which 1803 I think at the hivemind database?

Last edited:
Honestly, no idea. I don't even have software to open a .dll file. If I could open a .dll and look at it, I'd have a better idea and may be able to help out more. My original response was more of a kickstarter, hopefully someone will chime in and we'll both learn a little something,

Ok , no joy. I even tried thevisad's pack but didn't come up there either. Anyone have a clue how to get gender selection working?

You cannot open the dll, this has to be recompiled to be what you want. Also, the issue that you have is the database you are using. The hive that is listed earlier in post #14 is specifically for the bliss/reality hive that was used and will not work for any other. If you are using Pwns pack then you will need to recompile the hive for that database.

Back