Static AI spawning, but no vehicle/air patrols.

MrInfro

Hi, MrInfro here again.
I just got DZAI working with the vehicle arrays I asked before, but I dont see any vehicle/air units on map. Is there a way to see, if the actually spawned? maybe through debug level?
Thx for answer

You can enable debug mode 2 to see if DZAI is spawning the vehicles (through the log) or enable debug markers. Check out the 2.1.0 announcement thread to see how to enable the markers.

Ok, so I enabled the debug, and have only static spawn, no vehicle or heli spawns... can be vehicle spawn tied to dynamic spawn? or are they separate? If you want, I can upload my config to pastebin or somewhere

Have you set the maximum heli or land vehicle patrol amounts to something greater than the default of zero?

To answer your earlier question,vehicle patrols are independent of dynamic spawns. As long as the max vehicle spawn value for either vehicle type is greater than zero then you will have vehicles spawning.

The only reason vehicles won't spawn is if the classname is invalid in some way.

DZAI_maxHeliPatrols = 6;
DZAI_heliList = [["UH1H_DZ",2],["Mi17_DZ",2],["MH60S_DZ",2]];

DZAI_maxLandPatrols = 4;
DZAI_vehList = [["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",1],["HMMWV",2],["HMMWV_Armored",1]];

I have no idea what might be wrong...

Can you provide your config file and a sample of your RPT during startup with debug mode 2? I don't know what could be the problem right now but will check when I can.

Well, Ill be damned... from nothing, vehicle spawn work... thats really wierd... I will keep monitoring this and if something pops up, Ill let you know. Thx for all your help

Hi Not sure if I should start a new tread or continue with this one but here goes:
I have now got a similar problem since using the latest version, I had my Helo's and Land Veh's set at 7 and 6 but only one will of each will spawn, so I changed to 15 of each and still only 1 of each will spawn. This is what shows in logs:
1:25:17 "DZAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 1. Land Patrols: 1."

It does not change how many spawn even if I up the amount in DZAI\init\dzai_config.sqf : see below

//Global maximum number of active AI air vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).
DZAI_maxHeliPatrols = 15;

//Global maximum number of active AI land vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).
DZAI_maxLandPatrols = 15;

any one else have this or just me ?
thanks
MegaZ

@Megaz : You probably hit the limit for the number of vehicles set in DZAI_heliList and DZAI_vehList. For example, if you set DZAI_maxHeliPatrols to 100 but set DZAI_heliList = [["UH1H_DZ",2]], you can only have 2 UH1H_DZ active at one time.

Back