Strip vehicles for parts

Any chance that full instructions can be put into the first post of this thread, or a new thread created with a clean, near explanation in the first post? Trying to go through 11 pages, reading people's problems, how they fixed them, alternate ways, it's all confusing.

Is this working with Chernarus with no bugs? I saw something about cars can drive without their engines...

Has anyone got this to work on Taviana correctly? Still having problems with harvesting wood.

Works fine for me on Tavi, I think harvesting wood is a bug within Taviana 2.0 itself, it never worked for me even without any modifications.

Works fine for me on Tavi, I think harvesting wood is a bug within Taviana 2.0 itself, it never worked for me even without any modifications.

Interesting. The Harvest Wood has always worked for us.

The remove parts script also screwed up my disabled weather on Taviana.

Chaos, I noticed a couple things. 1. At the bottom of your Init.sqf you have: [] execVM "ss_remove.sqf" , this is was unnecessary on mine for Tavi but not sure about yours. My Init does call for ssremove as it gets call from elsewhere. If removing this doesnt help Id also go back over your fnselfactions.sqf and double check it line for line. You have a ton of extras that I do not so im not 100% sure whats needed. Ive attached my mission pbo if you'd like to compare.

So im pretty new to this, i have my sever hosted at dayz.st - and i downloaded you mission file, renamed it to dayz_mission.pbo and uploaded it to my sever, but when i try to join the sever, i get stuck at the last part where it is saying "loading".... Anyone else got an Taviana file that works that i "just can upload"?

i got it working :D

open init.sqf in your mission.pbo
then replace the Load in compiled functions code
with this code here under

Code:
//Load in compiled functions
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

Then download the file i uploaded it out it in your mission.pbo
and your done.

there are some stuff what i added for me own server you can keep it or remove it

1 edit compiles there are some stuff in it for me server what i like
2 dont remove compiles.sqf you need that
That of the archive that you threw, refers specifically to Strip vehicles for parts?

I got the script running and I can remove the parts from the vehicle..however the vehicle I remove the part from doesn't register that a part has been taken, so basically you can infinitely copy vehicle parts int your inventory, anyone know how to fix this :/?

if you find one let me know..I dont want people duping parts because of a buggy script :/
I guess for the time being people will be able to duplicate parts since no fix is to be found ANYWHERE, i've searched all over the place and no one has a fix... Even tried myself changing values in the codes but no success.

I suppose that for the moment, admins will have to chose between having the mod with it's buggy feature allowing players to duplicate or simply completely removing the mod (therefore making players unhappy since the mod is not even usable in it's simple state)...

It's hard to believe that some servers have it working fine but it is still unaivalable to the community...

players have noticed on my server that when they repair a vehicle full, the parts menu doesnt update, so they basically look red. this is only on a certain few vehicles.

why i have _result is always TRUE even if inventory is full? anyone have this problem? and how to fix it
thanks

Code:
_result = [player,_part] call BIS_fnc_invAdd;
hint format ["RESULT: %1",_result];
if (_result) then {

I think after 1.7.7 comes out, this script will work %100. Most of the issues are because of the "vehicle owner" issue in DayZ. They say this has been fixed for 1.7.7.

Nice Script. But I figured out some Problems:
- When Stripping at ATVs is enabled you can Strip 4 windows but ATVs dont have windows.
- You can't strip LMWheel, RMWheel, Avionics and VRotor.
- Also I'm not sure if ex. the choppers and Ikarus have more than 6 Windows but while testing I only cound shoot 6.

To fix the Problem with the missing parts to strip edit fn_SelfActions.sqf.
Search:
Code:
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitRBWheel") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartWheel"; };
and add underneath:
Code:
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitLMWheel") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartWheel"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitRMWheel") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartWheel"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitBody") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartGeneric"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitAvionics") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartGeneric"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitVRotor") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartGeneric"; };

Nice Script. But I figured out some Problems:
- When Stripping at ATVs is enabled you can Strip 4 windows but ATVs dont have windows.
- You can't strip LMWheel, RMWheel, Avionics and VRotor.
- Also I'm not sure if ex. the choppers and Ikarus have more than 6 Windows but while testing I only cound shoot 6.

To fix the Problem with the missing parts to strip edit fn_SelfActions.sqf.
Search:
Code:
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitRBWheel") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartWheel"; };
and add underneath:
Code:
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitLMWheel") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartWheel"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitRMWheel") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartWheel"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitBody") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartGeneric"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitAvionics") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartGeneric"; };
                    if(_skip and _x == "HitVRotor") then { _skip = false; _part = "PartGeneric"; };

Thanks for this!

Hey there!
I have the problem,
that when i strip a part from a vehicle,
the vehicle still have the part in it o_O
so if i strip a engine of a Ural i have the engine and the ural too!

I'm having an issue on 1.7.7.1

Parts remove fine but the damage is not applied to the vehicle. This allows you to literally repair any vehicle with little effort.

Also, players are reporting that upon repairing a part, the vehicle goes 100% for everything. Any ideas?

Back