Stuff in roads!

Mattz

Hey Guys

I feel like a bit of a noob but I have been googling for days and looked through every PBO and mission file I could find, even tried the mission editor, but I came up with no answers...

I would like to know... How do you edit the crap in the roads? The roadblocks? The junk? I know of a server that has taken all theirs away. How do you do this? I think there is a way to do it in the mission file?
Also, I did just try this, the server then didn't work : http://killzonekid.com/how-to-clear-chernarus-of-all-the-junk-rocket-put-on-it/

Regards

U really should look @ your servers rpt logs...
Also u can look @ your client rpt logs aswell located in your appdata folder / local / arma oa

If your mission isn't loading after killzonekid fix for disabling streaming locations i.e the junk,
Then u prob made a typo mistake somewhere, or some mistake

------------
------------

Btw it also depends on the map / mod u are using...
Another way for maps to have extra junk loading onto the map is via the mission sqm file

looked in the SQM file..

So I'll try his again
This is in Chernarus BTW
So this:

//Load in compiled functions
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
Goes to this:

//Load in compiled functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
stream_locationCheck = {
//Thank you very fucking much, KK!
};

Riight?
That line with the fixes wasn't mentioned

Did it, didn't work

I am assuming u are trying to solve a problem using different posts u found...

U got the mission fix route it works, but is larger file size
Or u got killzone kids solution which is alot simplier & smaller

-----------------
-----------------

Anyway this is what u need todo.....

1) U should remove the fixes line u added to start with... unless u are using another mission fix.

2) The stream_locationCheck line is meant to go at the end of the block of code as mentioned in http://killzonekid.com/how-to-clear-chernarus-of-all-the-junk-rocket-put-on-it/
i.e u put it after progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

------------------
------------------

The stream_locationCheck line is basicly meant to be after compiles.sqf is loaded to overwrite a function.
U seem to have added it before compiles.sqf got loaded, so it infact did nothing.

Also since u added the fixes line in, thats why u couldnt load into server...
U were telling clients to load a file inside the mission.bpo that wasn't there...

--------------
--------------

Like i said always look @ your server/client .rpt logs for error messages, helps u figure out what is going wrong

Back