suicide for a better spawn

Zeehond23

Valued Member!
Hi,

I keep getting people suiciding over and over to get a better spawnpoint. I don't know why, but it annois the hell out of me. Is there a way to prevent this/give people a kick when they respawn too often/temp ban them?

so you dont think its a sollution to give them the opportunity to select spawn (eliminating your problem) and you dont want them to suicide to get a better spawn either ... (do you actually want players?) ... i dont get your problem really, and i certainly dont understand how you can be annoyed by this if you dont want to try a sollution that would pretty much solve the problem.

i can understand you dont want ppl suicide a lot ... lots of dead bodys=lag ... but trying to controll this is just straight up retarded imo.

i doubt you will ever get rid of this problem without giving them selective spawns and even then there will still be suiciders.
you might not like it, but dayz players have gotten so used to just suiced for better spawn ... it has become the norm by now.

Players are suicide to get a better spawn location.

Letting them choose from a handful of spawn locations instead IS the answer to your problem, as they can select a location remotely near where they want to spawn and not suicide for a better spawn location.

Even vanilla dayz has this built in as an option now for the same reason.

No one is going to write a custom script for you to deal with the outcome instead of addressing the source of the problem.

... i already told him a solution, but he is only intrested in how to just kick or ban someone.

tbh i could care less, but i do feel bad for the poor players that randomly come to his server and has to endure something like this before switching ...

Jesus Christ I asked of it was possible to do something, and I didn't feel the solution you presented to be adequate. No need to berate me or call me retarded, that is just uncalled for.

I treat my player really well, Thank you very much.

The way you guys are replying on this thread is rather mean, but whatever.

If you say it is the only option fine, so be it. I used to play taviani somewhat, they had a purdy selection screen, but I'm guessing it would have to be done with a scroll menu?

I get what he's saying tbh,

Giving them the chance to spawn where they want is just giving them the lazy option.
He wants people to actually play the game and find their way to the place they want to go, instead of "unrealistic" suicides all over the map because they get lazy..... just because they can.

Maybe think somewhere in the building a bicycle out of scrap metal area.
So instead of suiciding, they head to the nearest industrial loot part and build thereselves a bicycle (if they find the correct loot)... i see you host namalsk so a bicycle will do the trick to get all around the map pretty well.
(EDIT: it will cost the player nearly the same ammount of time to keep finding a spot to suicide)

Just let the bikes somehow dissapear after restart. so the server does not get piled up with broken bikes.

And for the rest of the commenters.
shame on you for not even trying to think of more options for this dude, how could you be so short sighted to think giving them the lazy option to spawn near where they want to be is a solution.

And for the rest of the commenters.
shame on you for not even trying to think of more options for this dude, how could you be so short sighted to think giving them the lazy option to spawn near where they want to be is a solution.

ROFL ... i see your bike plan is so much better and just completly solves the problem ... (i do hope you are kidding here)

even if you provided them with a the tools or even a vehicle when they spawn for that matter, they wold still suicide

but sure punish them instead ... gl with that btw

Back