[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

Guys, I have DZMS working on my Epoch Panthera server. Its spawns a mission every 10 mins and everything runs fine. However, checking my RPT log it is getting spammed with the following.

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
19:21:13 Error position: <DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
19:21:13 Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmajdone
19:21:13 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMajTimer.sqf, line 42

Now this is literally filling up my RPT log making it huge! Any help would be appreciated. :)

Copy in the last 10 lines or so of your DZMSMajTimer.sqf. I think you clipped a left brace. Do you get the messages that the missions are starting? Like
Code:
[DZMS]: Running Major Mission *whatever*.

Over a period of time and testing with different servers, if you have the vehicle saving on it seems to crash your server. it doesn't always crash it but a lot of the time it will be the cause.

It only crashes if the mission is completed, which is when the script is ran, but the entire thing works great with it off( would be great if it did work)

Question: Has anyone been able to successfully modify DZMS to double the missions that are up? I tried creating another folder called DZMS2 and change all the paths to run it simultaneously, but it didn't spawn more than the original dzms script. I even commented line 15 in DZMSInit.sqf:

//if (!isnil("DZMSInstalled")) exitWith { diag_log text format ["[DZMS]: <ERROR> DZMS is Installed Twice or Installed Incorrectly!"]; };

Oh, and my players and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE DZMS!! Love is a light word for it. It's been the answer to all my prayers for what I've wanted and needed in a mission file. I had been running DZMS, Chernarus missions and Torndeco missions all at the same time with DZAI, but would love to replace them all with DZMS if I can increase how many missions are up at the same time. I run a fairly populated server (20-35 at any given time) so I have a lot of players fighting over missions.

im having a huge problem for like the last week. Some players on my server reported this a few days ago, but i've only now witnessed it.

Usually happens with the NATO camp weapons, but it just happened to me with the Medical Camp.

Kill all the bandits, goto the mission, SURVIVORS CAPTURED message. and then server crash. The no message recieved error.

this happens too often now, and my players don't even want to bother with the missions anymore. And it only happens when someone goes to the mission.

This is on normal dayz with dayz.st

RPT
http://pastebin.com/gN3qRvhC

edit, restarted server, went to another mission
here is the video of it crashing the server
this has only been happening the last week or so, so something in the code must've changed.
here is the rpt for the crash in the video:
http://pastebin.com/zfy5Uajx

Over a period of time and testing with different servers, if you have the vehicle saving on it seems to crash your server. it doesn't always crash it but a lot of the time it will be the cause.

It only crashes if the mission is completed, which is when the script is ran, but the entire thing works great with it off( would be great if it did work)

i disabled vehicle saving, and it stopped crashing it seems.
thanks for your post.
I had vehicle saving on for a while, so its weird that the crashing randomly started, but it onyl crashed on the nato and big medical missions.

Hope so, my timings are still not right, missions start when ever they want, even seen them 5mins after a server restart even though the time is set between 20-30mins, players love the missions, anyone made any new missions?

Curious anyone know if there is any way to force the AI to shoot you if you are riding in armored vehicles they seem to ignore you in an armored vehicle even if the gunner is exposed.

You need to change all global variables, not only paths.

Thanks man, that makes perfect sense, although it'll be a big job.

Has anyone else already done this or would like to cooperate in making a version that has extra spawns?

I don't want them lootable though.
They wont be lootable (The RPG that is if set to despawn upon death of AI) I have it set like that on mine, only AI missions have RPG stops players from rolling up in armed vehicles and blasting every thing.

Hey guys,

I got a little question to the DZMS system. Everything is runnin fine but Ive never seen popping up a Mission where I can find Construction Crates. What do I need to do to get these spawning as well?
The other thing I would like to know is, how can I get the AI's having NVG or Rangefinger on them which u can loot after killing them.

I had also added the RPG's to the AI but they didnt used them to shoot at helicopters, dunno why

Would be nice Someone can anwser this ;D

Greetings

Last edited:
Hey guys,

The other thing I would like to know is, how can I get the AI's having NVG or Rangefinger on them which u can loot after killing them.

(...)

\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAIKilled.sqf

above the line:
Code:
sleep DZMSBodyTime;

add this:
Code:
{if !(_unit hasWeapon _x) then {_unit addweapon _x}} foreach ["NVGoggles","Binocular_Vector"];

or with random chance:
Code:
{if (!(_unit hasWeapon _x) && ((random 1) < 0.50)) then {_unit addweapon _x}} foreach ["NVGoggles","Binocular_Vector"];

Last edited:
I have been having problems with AI gear. I have edited this part of the code.

Code:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// These are gear sets that will be randomly given to the AI
// They are all the same, but can be customized.
DZMSGear0 = [
["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight","ItemGPS","ItemCompass","ItemMap","Item_Radio","ItemHatchet"]
];

DZMSGear1 = [
["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","FoodSteakCooked","FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemSodaPepsi"],
["ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight","ItemGPS","ItemCompass","ItemMap","Item_Radio","ItemHatchet"]
];

DZMSGear2 = [
["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemAntibiotic","Bloodbag","ItemHeatPack","ItemMorphine"],
];

DZMSGear3 = [
["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemWire","ItemTankTrap","ItemSandbag","HandChemRed","PartWoodPile","ItemTent","TrapBear"],
];

DZMSGear4 = [
["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","PartWheel","PartFueltank","PartGlass","PartEngine","PartGeneric","PartVRotor","ItemJerrycan",""],
];

And now whenever i check the AI bodies after killing them, I crash

I have a new sever from dayz.st I downloaded the server.pdo to my desktop unpack and added DZMS and made the change to my server_monitor.sqf file as seen below . Repacked and uploaded to server now every time I try to get into the server it freezes on " waiting for server to start authentication" any idea's? I do not have any other scripts running except for the basic scripts dayz.st had running.

Search for this line

```allowConnection = true;```

And insert this line directly above it.

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSInit.sqf";

Back