[SUPPORT] Matt's Customizable Humanity Loadouts on Respawn

Having some trouble with this. Maybe you could take a look at my files and tell me if I am making any errors? Also, I am running Overwatch 0.2.5, so I suppose that could possibly be the conflict if it is not compatible. It seemed pretty straightforward, and I already have to run similar commands to get a starting loadout for my players because of the way Overwatch is setup, but maybe something in the way it is called on/the file structure is just being finicky with Overwatch.

Having some trouble with this. Maybe you could take a look at my files and tell me if I am making any errors? Also, I am running Overwatch 0.2.5, so I suppose that could possibly be the conflict if it is not compatible. It seemed pretty straightforward, and I already have to run similar commands to get a starting loadout for my players because of the way Overwatch is setup, but maybe something in the way it is called on/the file structure is just being finicky with Overwatch.
I'm unfamiliar with overwatch, but it's probably the init.sqf code. Most likely, it is the PVDZE login variable used. I believe your server_playerLogin.sqf (Dayz_server\compile\) should have the correct variable somewhere near the bottom, good luck :)

I'm unfamiliar with overwatch, but it's probably the init.sqf code. Most likely, it is the PVDZE login variable used. I believe your server_playerLogin.sqf (Dayz_server\compile\) should have the correct variable somewhere near the bottom, good luck :)

Here is what I believe you are referring to at the bottom of my server_playerLogin file:

PVCDZ_plr_Login = [_charID,_inventory,_backpack,_survival,_isNew,dayz_versionNo,_model,_isHiveOk,_newPlayer];
(owner _playerObj) publicVariableClient "PVCDZ_plr_Login";

And here is what I placed in my init:

rdmspwn = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\Addons\HLSpawn\rdmspwn.sqf";
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVCDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 2) then
{
player spawn rdmspwn;
};

Am I making a mistake here?

if (dayz_combat == 1) then {
titleText ["You are a Level 1 Hero (Humanity between 5,000 and 10,000)", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleFadeOut 1;
} else {

[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,'Camo17_DZ'] spawn player_humanityMorph;
sleep 2;

player removeWeapon 'DDOPP_X26';
player removeMagazines 'DDOPP_1Rnd_X26';
player removeMagazines 'HandRoadFlare';
player removeMagazines 'ItemPainkiller';
player addWeapon 'MeleeHatchet';
player addMagazine '10x_303';
player addWeapon 'LeeEnfield';
player selectWeapon 'LeeEnfield';
player addMagazine 'RH_17Rnd_9x19_g17';
player addWeapon 'RH_g17';
player addMagazine 'RH_17Rnd_9x19_g17';
player addMagazine 'ItemBloodbag';
player addMagazine 'ItemWaterbottle';
player addMagazine 'FoodCanBakedBeans';
player addMagazine 'ItemBandage';
player addMagazine 'ItemBandage';
player addMagazine 'ItemPainkiller';
player addWeapon 'ItemMap';
player addWeapon 'ItemKnife';
player addWeapon 'ItemCompass';
player addWeapon 'ItemFlashlight';
player addWeapon 'ItemWatch';
player addWeapon 'ItemMatchbox';
player addWeapon 'ItemToolbox';
removeBackpack player;
player addBackPack "DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1";
reload player;

cuttext ["You are a Level 1 Hero (Humanity between 5,000 and 10,000)", "PLAIN DOWN"];

sleep 2;

};

Also, here is an example of what I did with a level one Hero. I added a primary weapon into the mix, but I tried following the formats provided in your installation and provided files, but maybe I made an error here as well? I feel like this should work, but I am probably just making some small mistake that is making the system look past it...

Here is what I believe you are referring to at the bottom of my server_playerLogin file:

PVCDZ_plr_Login = [_charID,_inventory,_backpack,_survival,_isNew,dayz_versionNo,_model,_isHiveOk,_newPlayer];

And here is what I placed in my init:

rdmspwn = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\Addons\HLSpawn\rdmspwn.sqf";
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 2) then
{
player spawn rdmspwn;
};

Am I making a mistake here?
change the
Code:
to
Code:
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVCDZ_plr_Login")};

also the if statement should remain unchanged, it should reflect the line that you changed in server_playerSetup, ie. if (Dayz_playLogin2 select 2) then { or whatever it is. can't remember atm

Also, here is an example of what I did with a level one Hero. I added a primary weapon into the mix, but I tried following the formats provided in your installation and provided files, but maybe I made an error here as well? I feel like this should work, but I am probably just making some small mistake that is making the system look past it...
the title text should go under the else, because unless the person is in combat when the loadout is being given, it wont be shown :) and you wont know if the loadouts are working properly until you get the init.sqf to properly call on the code. Once your init gets sorted it should work.

Ok here is my modified init which I tested and it did not work:

waitUntil {!isNil ("PVCDZ_plr_Login")};
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) then
{
player spawn rdmspwn;
};

Here is the line in server_playerSetup:

PVCDZ_plr_Login2 = [_worldspace,_state,_randomSpot];

And again, just for record, here is my line in server_playerLogin:

Also, regarding the title text, I have not moved the location from what you have provided in the files on your download link, all I did was edit within the quotations...

Ok here is my modified init which I tested and it did not work:

Here is the line in server_playerSetup:

And again, just for record, here is my line in server_playerLogin:

Also, regarding the title text, I have not moved the location from what you have provided in the files on your download link, all I did was edit within the quotations...
looks like it should work just fine, unless the variable is different like it is with epoch. Epoch has a variable defined in the file but it uses a different one for some reason, try this on the WaitUntil line : PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord , other than that I would check the filepaths. If you just took it out of the rar (Custom folder) and placed it in your pbo, it should work just fine. I see no errors so i'm unsure as to what's causing the issue

looks like it should work just fine, unless the variable is different like it is with epoch. Epoch has a variable defined in the file but it uses a different one for some reason, try this on the WaitUntil line : PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord , other than that I would check the filepaths. If you just took it out of the rar (Custom folder) and placed it in your pbo, it should work just fine. I see no errors so i'm unsure as to what's causing the issue

Ok I will try that next opportunity I get and see if it worked. I double checked all my file paths and they appear to be fine, so hopefully this change to the init works. If not, hopefully someone else with Overwatch can get this to work and finds a solution because I would really like this in my server!

And thank you for your assistance man, I really appreciate your help.

Ok I will try that next opportunity I get and see if it worked. I double checked all my file paths and they appear to be fine, so hopefully this change to the init works. If not, hopefully someone else with Overwatch can get this to work and finds a solution because I would really like this in my server!

And thank you for your assistance man, I really appreciate your help.
Just wish I knew more about Overwatch and could help you more

Just wish I knew more about Overwatch and could help you more

I understand if you do not have the time, but if you would like to take a look at my files I would be more than willing to show you them. I am pretty sure a lot of the Overwatch code is 1.8.0.3, or based off of it, but there are definitely some key differences. Just let me know and I will PM them to you.

I understand if you do not have the time, but if you would like to take a look at my files I would be more than willing to show you them. I am pretty sure a lot of the Overwatch code is 1.8.0.3, or based off of it, but there are definitely some key differences. Just let me know and I will PM them to you.
just send me your mission pbo I want to check your filepaths and see if there is anything else that could be causing issues

quick question, will this interfere with database triggered loadouts? I.E. predefined admin loadouts and stuff?

quick question, will this interfere with database triggered loadouts? I.E. predefined admin loadouts and stuff?
yes, extremely so. What i've noticed happening if default or predefined loadouts exist is users will both loadouts, so they can have an m9 in their hand but also have a makarov that appears when they drop the m9

yes, extremely so. What i've noticed happening if default or predefined loadouts exist is users will both loadouts, so they can have an m9 in their hand but also have a makarov that appears when they drop the m9
if you want the humanity loadout instead of the default loadout you can add 3 lines to each loadout.sqf
Code:
removeAllWeapons player;
removeAllItems player;
removebackpack player;

or do a UID check in each loadout.sqf so something like
Code:
_adminUID = ["37314054","58434118","118450566"];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in _adminUID) then {} else {loadout};

Back