Total Noob in Need

Hi,

I searched the forums but didn't see an answer to my question. I just need a helpful hint if possible. I am not looking to host a major server for tons of people to play on. I'm only interested in running a DayZ mod server on my LAN for my close friends to practice on. I have watched tutorial videos describing how to, say, set up a deathmatch game and add playables to a map, but what I can't figure out how to do is get DayZ to spawn loot and zombies. When I create a new multiplayer LAN server and choose a map, I don't see any DayZ missions on the right side. Just the standard basic missions, like deathmatch. When I then play those maps, all I get is the basic map with the entities added. I don't mind playing vanilla, but I would really like to figure out what I need to do to be able to run DayZ on my LAN. I tried just adding Pwnoz0r's map into my MPMissions folder, but that didn't work (as you probably already know). I'm playing the Steam install if that matters, and yes, I can get it to work and (if I have the correct mod of the mod installed) can even join and play on public servers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this has been answered somewhere already, I'm sorry I didn't see it before posting.

You launch dayz through something. Escape from lobby. You go to multiplayer. Click new, set LAN, and there you have it. Then choose mission ( I think you need server files for that, that contents mission file), you put the mission file in MPMissions in your Arma directory( do it at the beginning). And thats all I think. Tell me if it works, never tried it.

Last edited:
Back