Towing w/ R3F

fergfunk22

I've just installed the R3F script program into my server but am having difficulty with the actual towing. I'm aware that only certain vehicles are able to tow other vehicles, but is there a way to let any vehicle tow any vehicle?

Thanks.

Code:
Go to your mission folder\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F)LOG\addons_config and find the file named
arma2_CO_objects.sqf.  Everything you want to edit is in there.

I put the message as code because it kept trying to change the file names to emoticons.

I've added most of the cars I want into the objects folder and I think my problem is within the actually scripting. I'm quite new to it and went off what other people were doing.
Basically, people say "put this script in and it should work" but I don't know where to put it within the Notepad file--after what sequences.

Can anyone show me examples of the files?

the files you need to edit are:
Code:
R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf
R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config\arma2_CO_objects.sqf

Both are almost the same and self explanatory. Make sure they have the same vehicles listed for each section.

Does anyone have R3F_LOG folder that I can look at? Not sure if I'm getting the cars available in my server to be able to tow.

the files you need to edit are:
Code:
R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf
R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config\arma2_CO_objects.sqf

Both are almost the same and self explanatory. Make sure they have the same vehicles listed for each section.

you only need to edit one of these. config.sqf calls arma2_Co_Objects.sqf so no need to place vehicles in two spots.

Personally, I just use arma2_Co_Objects.sqf for my vehicles.

Alright, I'll go in and see what I can do.

One more thing: how do you actual tow within the game? I've gotten a vehicle to have the scroll option for "Tow..." but am not able to connect it towards another vehicle because it has the same "Tow..." feature--usually resetting what toes what.

Alright, I'll go in and see what I can do.

One more thing: how do you actual tow within the game? I've gotten a vehicle to have the scroll option for "Tow..." but am not able to connect it towards another vehicle because it has the same "Tow..." feature--usually resetting what toes what.

click tow on vehicle B. click tow to vehicle on vehicle A

Nevermind, everyone! I figured it out and got the scripts to work! Thanks for the guidance, couldn't have done it without your help. :D

I edit the mission.pbo and add the folder R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG. As was suggested in another post, I delete the R3F_Arty folder completely. (I tried not deleting it initially and my mission file was 770kb and no one could load into the server). Now I get the error, "Include file mpmissions\_CUR_MP.chernarus\R3F-_Arty_and_log\R3F_ARTY\init.sqf not found". Clearly its not found because I deleted it, but I can't seem to find the file that points to it or calls it. Someone uploaded their mission PBO file and I have been looking at what they did. The map is obviously chernarus and I also (as they did) wish to disable the heli lifts.

Any ideas whats calling this file or what I need to tweak?

R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG/INIT.SQF

#ifdef R3F_ARTY_enable
#include "R3F_ARTY\init.sqf"
R3F_ARTY_active = flase;

Thank you Ikuyo, it works now. So, my next question is I guess you can chain a bunch of vehicles and tow more than just 1. There a way to tweak that down to just being able to tow only 1 vehicle? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I have checked before I asked and didn't find it.

Yes, the script has a list of vehicles that 'can tow' and vehicles that 'can be towed'. If the vehicles involved are not on the proper list, they will not work.

Thank you Ikuyo, it works now. So, my next question is I guess you can chain a bunch of vehicles and tow more than just 1. There a way to tweak that down to just being able to tow only 1 vehicle? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I have checked before I asked and didn't find it.

Search this forum, i posted a fix to that some time back.

Great. What if I want to do the option and daisychain a bunch of vehicles. What do I need to change to adjust that to let say 3 vehicles rather then just 1-2 vehicles.

Thanks for the help.

Back