UID Gate Locks DayZ 1.8.0.3 Chernarus

Hey guys,

Seems I accidentally posted this in the Arma 3 scripts/addon section on accident lol... Just wondering if someone might be able to help me out a bit--

I am currently building up bases for clans on my server and I would like to add the ability to lock/unlock gates via UID (not lock/unlock scroll menu option, just ability to open based on given UID). The goal here is to make it so bases are tough to get into (via heli, or maybe befriending the clan and staging a heist, etc.) but still possible to raid with enough tactical planning/coordination (particularly from other clans). Unfortunately, I just have not been able to find many forum posts that lead me to any solution--I see a few on here, but the instructions were somewhat vague and I am relatively new to running a server, so I just feel I need to reach out for some personal assistance on this one.

A few details about my server in case they are pertinent:

-Hosted with HFB Servers, use Navicat Lite to access database and Filezilla to access server files
-Running DayZ 1.8.0.3 Chernarus
-Scripts currently running include: self bloodbag, sarge ai, anti-zombie emitter (although this doesn't always work), auto refuel, siphon fuel (didn't add this, it just works...?:D), custom debug
-To create and spawn the bases into my server I use the Alt+E editor when running Operation Arrowhead+DayZ, and convert the mission.sqf file to a randombasename.sqf that I call on via Init.sqf in my dayz1.chernarus.pbo file

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Its not really possible, only way I know of doing "bases" is via dome UID that blocks everyone out no matter what

Ah, really? I have seen several forum posts where people say it does work and they have their own scripts to run it, there just wasn't enough info for me to follow along. I am referring specifically to this post:

http://opendayz.net/threads/uid-gate-locks.9439/

But regardless, if this doesn't work, anyone know of a way to set up some sort of security system along these lines? I.e. locked front gates to bases (even key code would do the trick, except I keep reading that people are having errors with codes resetting after the restart).

Can somebody at least please explain to me how to do keypad locks or something along those lines? I would really like to avoid doing a dome UID situation where non-correct UID get teleported a short distance away as I would like for bases to still be able to be invaded.

Back