Updating my DayZ.ST Server to 1.7.7

Jack Marslow

Alright, I can't find didly squat on this. I've never been a hoster during an update. Does DayZ.st do this? I r traumatized by the lack of info.

Dayz.st have been under a DDoss attack for the last 24hrs, which has put a delay on the update.
The hoster does all the updates, the customer just sits back and waits.

Oh get used to server downtime with DDos attacks, its the norm with dayz.st
There is usually a couple each month.
There twitter: https://twitter.com/dayzdotst

Not sure on that one, on the last update.
I was running with modded server files and they where fine with the updates

Doesnt DayZ ST servers have quite a lot of modifications?

If so, they have to update the new dayz_server pbo file and its contents to make it work with the control panel and its mods, its going to take awhile i guess.

Its a bliss/reality mix, with some added in the map stuff by rocket so the patch could take abit. Also you can not manually update your server unless you have a box that runs around $300 Mo.

Its a bliss/reality mix, with some added in the map stuff by rocket so the patch could take abit. Also you can not manually update your server unless you have a box that runs around $300 Mo.

Lol biggest lie I've ever heard.

You can get a decent dedicated box from a reliable host for under $100/mo easily.

I am pretty sure Survival Servers lets you run whatever mod you would like, meaning you can manually update your files. People need to stop hosting Origins servers when they don't have permission and then maybe these hosts will stop getting attacked. Sure, its not right that they make people pay to host their servers but there is nothing anyone can do and they apparently have the means to strike back.

Screw that, DayZ is based on an open source mentality and what origins is doing is wrong.

I'm completely happy that the files got leaked and people are hosting their own Origins servers. More power to them.

Also, .ST doesn't host a single Origins server so the attacks on them have nothing to do with that.

Pretty sure it's a matter of hosts attacking hosts as this point. There's even a documented incident of it :)

Back