Use own Database Server

Jaggl

Hello Guys,

my name ist Roland and iam from a little GSP here in Austria with Server in Germany and Austria. Some of my Customers ask me about a DayZ Private Server, so i found your nice commuinity here....

since iam using my own database server, is it pobbible to import the mysql files and use my own server insted of that one which comes with the privat hive server files from here?

if yes is it possible to get the mysql files which i can import ofer phpadmin...

thx!

Yes it is certainly possible. Just dump the database and import it into whichever server you are using. then reconfigure your dayz server to connect to is instead of whichever server came with your install package.

but i will need a database for each server or? is it possible to use 1 database for multiple servers?

The same database server? yes

The same database for multiple servers? probably not. Otherwise you would have conflicts with vehicle locations between servers.

To get the DB files just turn off your existing server, configure and start Pwnz0r server with it's database. Access that DB with navicat and dump the DB. Then shut off the pwnz0r db server, import the dump file into your existing server and configure pwnz0r install to point to it.

Its just a matter of having the vehicles on different server instances, that way you can have 10 (what ever number you want) servers who share player info, but not vehicles, tents and the rest of the deployable.

Basicly like the official hive or Vilayers "DayZ Planet" Hive. I know Reality did this very well, back in the Bliss day so it should be possible :)

But keep in mind it has to be the same map on all servers connected, ot it will not work properly hehe.

Another way to get the DB files would be to download Reality and then use the DB schema there, it works perfectly with a MySQL server instalation.

Its kinda up to you what server pack to use, all has its + and -

After you export the database and import it to your other server, remember to change the routines/operations - you need to change the identifier for each from 'dayz@localhost' to '<your_dbuser>@<mysql_host>'

Another way to get the DB files would be to download Reality and then use the DB schema there, it works perfectly with a MySQL server instalation.

what do your mean with this? sry iam realy now to dayz :( and iam a little bit confused about all the private hive and hive there an mod there and and and...

what do your mean with this? sry iam realy now to dayz :( and iam a little bit confused about all the private hive and hive there an mod there and and and...

Well, either you use XAMP with pwnzors or you use MySQL with Reality/Lite to set up your DB.

In Reality, the entire DB is already "exported" for you, all you need to do is run the MySQL queries and it will build the DB with the correct tables, and it has perl scripts to help you with it. This means you can install the DB everywhere by simply downloading the shema for the DB.

In pwnzors the DB is already build for you with the correct information. But its in XAMP so you need to export it your self. This means the DB is run through the server pack and not as a seperate installation like MySQL. But it can still be installed everywhere.

Basicly its the same but Reality requires more work from you to get it running, since its a complete MySQL setup you need and you need to build all server files through the serverpack on your own.
Lite is "prebuild", meaning it comes with an installer for everything, but you still need MySQL.
Pwnzors is "prebuild ready to go" in the sense that you download, edit abit (servername, password, etc.) and then run it with the DB in the setup.

This is a very rough outline of the serverpacks, theres so much more to it heh, but i hope it helps.

Hi Jaggl, I remember you - you helped me out with some server files once, I think it was for FFoW :)

I run a private hive with Pwnozor's build and also another with Stapo's Lite Server.

For Pwnozor's I did what was mentioned above - dumped the DB and imported it into MySQL, it was fairly painless.

With Stapo's you just need to create a new DB within MySQL (you can call it what you want) run the installer and as part of that it will ask for the DB name, it then populates the DB for you.

Back