V1.0 Client Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait but how do i turn it to a zip since ive now downloaded it?

You dont' need to.

Copy the DayZ2017.rar to here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Install 7-zip.

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

And then right click on DayZ2017.rar and select 7-Zip > Extract here

mYhwZ.png

Normally you don't have to downgrade, since beta patches should be downwards compatible. ( of course if a server enforces a certain patch, you might have difficulties)

I was playing on shinkickers server and everything was going fine and the suddenly I got disconnected and now I can connect again. I tried to ping the ip and that works fine.
Anyone got an idea what could be wrong?

I also wanted to share that I'm hosting a 100 player DayZ 2017 server and need players to help put it through its paces!

64.94.100.86:2017

Yeah, the official 2017 server by shinkicker is down by the looks of it, I really hope it goes up again because it was a great one. I would also like to say thanks to shinkicker for releasing the mod so quick, you are awesome :)

this need alot of work no food when you go to animals for food the keep disappearing twice its happened they put tanks in yes tanks why the hell have they put tanks in its just stupid the best weapon found so far is a lee enfield

this need alot of work no food when you go to animals for food the keep disappearing twice its happened they put tanks in yes tanks why the hell have they put tanks in its just stupid the best weapon found so far is a lee enfield
First of all, if you want to have high powered weapons like M107, AS50 and L85's, feel free to play regular DayZ mod, but this is different. Why do you have Tanks? Why not? The tank has no weapons on it ( as far as i know ) and they are freaking slow.. For the whole day of playing I've found Winchester, Revolver, the biggest backpack and some basic stuff, I have even managed to fix a GAZ and it took me ages. I think it's really cool than it's hardcore to find weapons, especially the good ones. You can find Assault rifles, but it's really rare, so only the lucky ones have them. Gives the game a completely different point, more survival than killing.. people also seem to be a lot more friendly. I have experienced the animal bug as well and that has to be fixed as I almost died for running around 20 minutes looking for an animal. I've been playing DayZ mod since it came out and I am sick of it as nothing changes and everything is the same, just killing everyone you see, almost no communication with other players.. but 2017 found a way to change it around a bit just by changing the small things. awesomeeeeeeeee

We also have an Expert DayZ 2017 server running now :)
Come join us.
Well.......
This is all about being very very hard. I dont know why you have theese issues on that server, theres no issues with animals on our server.
Possibly a wrong config of the mission file? not sure.
But it should not be like that, it also works jus fine on shinkickers own server, have gutted several animals.
As for the tank, as mentioned above it cant do anything lol. Its just a rolling house with nothing in it and its real slow. Far from a threat rofl.

How is everyone hosting their servers? I currently am hosting a Taviana server with Bliss but they do not look like they support 2017 as of yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have followed the instructions carefully yet when I try to run the server, the MySQL console window comes up with "MySQL could not be started". I am sure I have configured the database correctly. Any ideas?

EDIT: lol :)

How is everyone hosting their servers? I currently am hosting a Taviana server with Bliss but they do not look like they support 2017 as of yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Bliss cant officially support it yet, due to the way Bliss is created, its just not possible to have 2 mods with the same map in the same setup, but they are working hard on it.
It is however possible to download a custom version of Bliss with only 2017 in it, its also right here on the forum :) https://github.com/gdscei/DayZ-Private

If any of you are interested, I got the server up and running (thanks Stapo!).
It's an Australian server, can filter for 2017 in DayZ Commander or remote connect to 124.190.60.15 with port 2302.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back