Vehicle Spawn Mechanics

Jack Marslow

Running a DayZST server. I have some questions about vehicle respawn mechanics.
1: If a vehicle is destroyed, how long will it take for that vehicle to attempt to respawn? Every restart? When I say attempt, I assume that whenever a vehicle attempts to respawn it uses the spawn chance I set in the database.
2: If I press the spawn vehicles button, does it ignore the spawn chance? or does it run it as a chance to spawn?

The spawn vehicle button deletes destroyed vehicles and vehicles outside of the map.

Then it collects the vehicle spawns that have not reached limit and theres then a set chance for that vehicle to spawn.

Head to the vehicles tables in your database to see the spawn parameters for each vehicle.

It's worth noting that if the "limit_max" is reached, the vehicle will not spawn until one is destroyed.

Your "world_vehicle" tables contains the percentage chance to spawn : 0.800 = 80% and so forth.

it will NOT create new spawns right? Or spawn another vehicle at the spawn point of a vehicle that hasnt reached its max? I totally redid spawns on my server.

Example: Vehicle spawn at NWAF for UH1

UH1 from this spawn is currently at a player camp inside the map. It is not destroyed. UH1 Max is set at 10 and there are 8 out there, and only 8 spawn points. If I press spawn it will not spawn a new UH1 right? Because the one from that spawn point is still alive?

Example #2 Same UH1 Spawn point at NWAF

The chopper has been destroyed. In the DB it has a .1 on spawn chance. I press spawn on the control panel. That chopper has a 10% chance of respawning?

Sorry but Ive googled and googled and this stuff just aint explained. I am trying to make my server have a good number of vehicles, but not so many that its rediculous. Want a new join to have a decent chance of finding one, but not crazy amount.

Example 1 : IF any of the 8 choppers have been MOVED from the spawn point and the limit has not been reached then there is a 10% chance a vehicle will spawn at a spawn point when you hit "spawn vehicles", with a max of 2 if the limit is 10. Assuming the spawn rate is 0.100

Example 2 : Yes again if a spawn point is clear, and limit is not reached, 10% chance of a UH1. But thats 10% chance at EACH spawn point, so you may get multiples.

Hope that helps.

Just incase anyone was wondering, heres whats going on

In an attempt to get enough vehicles on the server people have a chance to find them, I have redone all the spawns on the server. Vehicles have been placed in an intuitive way (for example the two wheel drive pickup is now a common spawn behind my stores, as u might see delivery vehicles behind them). Spawns are thickest on the coast and thin out as you move north.

Max # on each type of vehicle has been set to the # of spawn points for that vehicle (example, of my two wheel drive trucks, there are four spawns on the server, so max has been set to 4) According to what I have just learned, as long as those 4 trucks arnt destroyed no more will spawn. If one gets destroyed then it has 4 chances to respawn at the rate I have set (25%) when I press the spawn button on my control panel.

Its this way for every vehicle on my server, so I shouldn't have vehicle over crowding, and I shouldn't run into a situation where there are NO vehicles for new players to find. *Assuming I regulate hoarders on my server or use that not touched in 7 days thing command*

Back