Vehicles not spawning

Has this happened to you?

• Total voters

XboxFest

Hi, I just want to say I'm good with computers, but my dayz/bliss experience isn't so well. I have had my bliss server up for about 3 to 4 days. Every single vehicle spawn on that map has absolutely nothing. I though maybe I had to run db_spawn_vehicles but that just opens for a millisecond and I can't read what it says before closing. I tried running cmd and typing cd C:\Users\Parker\Desktop\Server\arma 2 operation arrowhead\HIVE then db_spawn_vehicles.pl -- instance 1 --pass (sorry not putting pass) --chernarus --limit 300 --cleanup all but that gives me an "Access denied" for user "dayz". Now that I say that I changed my user to something else, I'll try changing it back to dayz, but please still help me.

If you are sure that the user/pass is correct, then ensure that the user has the proper permissions as well.

Well, there are a number of ways. How do you manage/edit your MySQL database? Do you use the MySQL client at command line, or a GUI like Navicat? Once I know this, I can give you a step-by-step.

Well, there are a number of ways. How do you manage/edit your MySQL database? Do you use the MySQL client at command line, or a GUI like Navicat? Once I know this, I can give you a step-by-step.
Oops sorry. Um well I use heidisql

Ok, make sure you are connecting as root with heidisql, then go to Tools > User Manager. Find your dayz user on the left, and then check what the permissions are to the dayz database on the right side. It should have full permissions.

Ok, make sure you are connecting as root with heidisql, then go to Tools > User Manager. Find your dayz user on the left, and then check what the permissions are to the dayz database on the right side. It should have full permissions.
It still says
INFO: Connection to localhost:dayz as user dayz
DBI connect('dayz:localhost:3306','dayz',...) failed: Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at c:/Users/Myname/Desktop/server/arma 2 operation arrowhead/HIVE/db_spawn_vehicles.pl line 45
FATAL: Could not connect to MySQL - Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

And to be sure I gave every user on the list full perms, nothing.

Is it possible to post a screenshot of your user manager window?

Also, please don't double post. You can edit your last post if you need to add something.

Is it possible to post a screenshot of your user manager window?

Also, please don't double post. You can edit your last post if you need to add something.

Dwm2013-01-0515-03-49-85_zpsc12c23e3.jpg

Ok, it appears that you don't have a dayz user.

Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
This shows that the script is trying to use the "dayz" user, but your screenshot shows that there isn't a "dayz" user. Try this:

Code:
db_spawn_vehicles.pl --instance 1 --user Parker --pass YOURPASSWORD --chernarus --limit 300 --cleanup all

Ok, it appears that you don't have a dayz user.

This shows that the script is trying to use the "dayz" user, but your screenshot shows that there isn't a "dayz" user. Try this:

Code:
db_spawn_vehicles.pl --instance 1 --user Parker --pass YOURPASSWORD --chernarus --limit 300 --cleanup all
OMG :) does the server have to be down to do this? And how often should I do this?

OMG :) does the server have to be down to do this? And how often should I do this?

I'll take that as it's working :)

You should do it before the server starts, as the changes it makes to the database will not take effect until a restart anyway. As far as how often, it's up to you, really. Depends on how busy your server is, etc.

I'll take that as it's working :)

You should do it before the server starts, as the changes it makes to the database will not take effect until a restart anyway. As far as how often, it's up to you, really. Depends on how busy your server is, etc.
Seriously, your great. We have been trying to do this all week. I knew I was something to do with that db file, but now I know. If you would like to join check it out. :D 71.200.210.147:2302

UTC is GMT (GMT is not really used anymore officially). Set it to custom and do a -5 offset and you should be good.

UTC is GMT (GMT is not really used anymore officially). Set it to custom and do a -5 offset and you should be good.
Ok thanks, are you sure that what I did worked? We are in the server, we have checked 5 spawns and there is nothing. I did edit the max vehicles of each vehicle, is there anything special we need to do for that?

Back