Vehicles Randomly Disappear

GT500

I'm having some issues with some vehicles randomly disappearing during gameplay. Sometimes it's every vehicle in the server, and sometimes it's just one or two vehicles.

Right now I have a guy who had complained to me twice today that his UralCivil2 keeps disappearing (about 20 or so minutes after the server starts up). I checked the database, and it shows the vehicle is right where he left it, with everything in it that he had put in it. For some reason, the vehicle just isn't there in the server.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Please excuse me for being a noob at DayZ/Arma 2 server administration, however may I ask what you mean by 'monitor'? Do you mean Bec, my RCON tool, or something else?

Happened on our server as well. Mostly urals or v3s disappear while u put in items.

Are u using an antihack script? I think that might delete it but it is just a guess..

tho never seen anything in the rpt when this happened

could be... there is a part in the script that deletes box with anything > 50 maybe try upping the amount to see if it still happens.

theres also a log entry created when hacker box is deleted but i didnt find that in the logs after a ural disappeared

Code:
 while {"+_tlmrand20+"} do
        {
            {
                if (!(_x isKindOf ""TentStorage"") and !(_x isKindOf ""AllVehicle"") and (_x != player)) then
                {
                    if ((((count ((getWeaponCargo _x) select 1))+(count ((getMagazineCargo _x) select 1))) > 50) or (count ([currentWeapon _x] + (weapons _x) + (magazines _x)) > 40)) then {
                        diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING AN HACKBOX "" + (typeOf _x));
                        deleteVehicle _x;
                    };
                };
            } foreach (position player nearObjects 50);
            sleep 0.2;
        };
    };

see if u can find that in ur rpt log: CLEANUP: DELETING AN HACKBOX

Assuming I was checking the correct file:

hackbox_cleanup_not_found.png

i am now having this problem with vehicles i spwn or objects i spwn from the editor.. they all make it on my server, but after 20-30 seconds of interaction the item disappears.. any help plz.. and thank you. join me on teamspeak

Well, unless your server can't handle the number of vehicles you have on the map, or is being overloaded by something else, then it should be fine.

Of course, I really don't have experience trying to debug issues like that which aren't related to a custom installed script, so perhaps I have no clue what I'm saying... :p

i have tested both versions..
commenting out the code like the first link, and then i copied xyberviri's code COMPLETELY, made a new sqf,, named it the file name,, and deleted the original, and pasted the newly coded copy...

did not wort.. both versions cause me to timeout at 40 seconds right before i spwn at coast..

what needs to be changed if using antihack?

randomly urals disappear, need to fix it..

Open the ah.sqf file and go to line 190. The line just before it (line 191) will look like this:
Code:
						diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING AN HACKBOX "" + (typeOf _x));

Here's what my line 190 currently looks like:
Code:
					if ((((count ((getWeaponCargo _x) select 1))+(count ((getMagazineCargo _x) select 1))) > 150) or (count ([currentWeapon _x] + (weapons _x) + (magazines _x)) > 40)) then {

This is a conditional statement that tells the anti-hack under which conditions to try to delete a hackbox. Mine is set to delete something that has more than 150 items or more than 40 weapons. I would believe that the default values are much lower than this. Make sure that you set them to values that are high enough for the highest capacity vehicle that you have in your server (which would normally be the Ural). I had my items set to 150 because I had Black Hawks in my server (at least until 1.7.7 ruined that for me).

still no solution to this problem. aparently it has to do with something about the editor not being able to write to the database...
i can spwn in the vehicles from the database. but wat a pain in the ass for basebuilding... can anyone help find a fix, for map editor vehicles disappearing.. thank you.

Back