Vehicles via Mission file with rmod explode fix?

GDShadow

Hi guys,

i am trying hard for the last few weeks to get vehicles implemented on my private server via editing the mission file. I have all new server files and using rmod.
So the problem is, that all the vehicles explode, when you get in.
Everywhere i ask, i get the same answer: "you can not spawn vehicles via the mission file". But that's not correct.
I have looked at some mission files from online dayz servers, where AI is activated on the server. There they have patroles who drive around with tanks and fly with choppers and stuff like that. So when i had a look at those mission files, there have been placed vehicles all over the map which are used by AI, and those vehicles don't explode when you get in them.
So there MUST be a solution for this problem. I played on 3 working Servers with vehicles in the mission file.
So if you guys have any solution for this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thx for your help

Greetings,

You can do this by unpacking dayz_server.pbo and find "Killing a hacker" in your server_cleanup.fsm and making the necessary changes, its found in the system folder of your dayz_server pbo.

I will attach a txt copy of the server_cleanup.fsm with the changes already made so you can see what has to be done, and/or simply replace the file, repack and run it on your server

Attachments

• server_cleanup.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 306
Greetings,
I will attach a txt copy of the server_cleanup.fsm with the changes already made so you can see what has to be done, and/or simply replace the file, repack and run it on your server

dude you made my day, thx a lot. It's almost working.
The vehicles don't blow up anymore and can be used by AI.
The Problem what i have now is, that i cant get in an vehicle which is placed via the mission file.
Do you have any solutions for this problem?

Looking into it now also, the problem is that the vehicles disappear when you try to get in them correct?

I'm going to have a closer look at the server_cleanup and see if I can figure out what's causing this, I am having the same problem. - Haven't noticed till now though and I know it's something that can be fixed.

Pretty sure it's just the server cleaning up an unrecognized object or something. - I'm going to try a few things but could definitely use someone with a little more experience to shed some light on this <_<;

Think I may have it solved, give me like half an hour to make a phone call, take a short break and then I'm going to toss it up and check it out.

well the file you send me worked fine. the only problem now is that i cant get in an vehicle. i am not getting killed or anything like that, i just dont have the option "get in as driver" the only interaction i can do with those vehicles is the gear option. but the ai can use the vehicles now. would be awesome when you solved it...

Go back into the editor and check the vehicle, make sure the vehicle lock is set to Default or Unlocked. - The problem you are having might be as simple as changing that. - If its set to default, change it to unlocked for the hell of it.

Also another problem with vehicles depends on faction. If you placed a vehicle through the map editor and its on the opposing faction, I believe you can not get into it. Try testing with a different one.

Which editor are you using by the way? - The one through single player or the hidden one through Alt + E?

Think I may have it solved, give me like half an hour to make a phone call, take a short break and then I'm going to toss it up and check it out.
Did you manage to fix it? I am using the same method since adding them via database is causing to spawn hippie vans on the spots of other vehicles randomly, like the same spot in a few restarts can have a green car or a van or a little bird.

Anyway, just askin, because using the editor and the bliss database is like 2 steps forward and 1 back with a side dish of slipping and falling on your butt.

Go back into the editor and check the vehicle, make sure the vehicle lock is set to Default or Unlocked. - The problem you are having might be as simple as changing that. - If its set to default, change it to unlocked for the hell of it.

thx a lot, all my problems are solved now. setting them to "open" fixed the problem. really thx a lot, i tried a long time to fix this problem

you have to do the following: http://opendayz.net/index.php?threa...ed-vehicles-to-the-db-almost.7341/#post-14622

fix the server_monitor.fsm with the above hacker explode fix.

then you modify your server_code.pbo file that runs on your server with my fix.

then you add the file that is in posted on that thread to your server_code.pbo under the compiles folder

then you repack your server_code.pbo file.

now, when ever you make your vehicle however you make it you can save it using that function "_veh spawn server_saveVehicle;"

The only condition for that to work is that _type exists in your vehicle table, and it has an entry for chernarus in the world_vehicle table. Ie 2 records need to be present, if they aren't present stuff doesn't work properly... or at all... the vehicle also has to be a valid one that arma/dayz will spawn in the first place.

this is really alpha code the function works just not 100% when everything isn't setup right.

tldr. read that post or contact me on ts3 or skype, if your just spawning stuff that already spawns on your server then you should be able to use that code with little to no issue.

i did exactly that, but it's not clear for me, where i have to put in these two lines of code:
Code:
_veh = _type createVehicle _Pos;
_veh spawn server_saveVehicle;

when i add those 2 code lines, into an "init" field of an vehicle, which has been placed in the editor, it gives an global variable error. do i have to create a script with these 2 code lines in my mission folder and just add [] exec "script.sqs" in the vehicles init field for example?

Back