Vilayer Server: 'new' Vilayer Anti-Hack question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_otw

Is anyone using the available Anti-Hack through Vilayer? I currently have them as my host, and I am using TSW. The questions I have are that they list it as for vanilla dayz only.

I have a private hive , and some mission files that I have found here and created myself as well. I use a donor program and like to 'easter egg' gifts of loaded vehicles in locations for players to find.

So, some are telling me that a change to Epoch is in order and that its (epoch) is fast becoming the fav mod of dayz.

What do you think? Stay with what I have, change to Epoch and try this new anti-hack out?

I suggest you do not buy the anti hack from Vilayer, that anti hack is a leak which they illegally distribute. The anti hack actually comes from http://blurgaming.com/ or http://infistar.de/

I have had vilayer as my server host for just under a month now and my renewal is up. After finding out a few things about the shady practace of the company and stealing code and charging for it I will not be renewing my service with vilayer.

My question is what server host do you recomend and why?

Just so I know, how are you certain they steal code? I am not defending them, but I have an issue in accusing someone without proof.

I can't be sure they are "stealing" the code as I don't know about any original arrangement between vilayer and blur, however:
I do know that vilayer and blur are "fighting" over this issue and others.
I do know that the AH product they are selling is blur's product as it even still has the infistar branding.
I know that vilayer hides this code in a seperat location. (I cannot edit it to make a change I want where as infistar customers can view and edit the code.)
When I opened a support ticket with the "3rd party distributer" of the AH I had to wait till the support "asked the developer".
I know seeing posts here and seeing multiple posts locked and other server admins complaining about the product.

So for the record no, I cannot provide proof they stole anything. But in my opinion if it swims like a fish, smells like a fish, it's probably a fish and I'd like to just move on to a reputable and reliable helpfull server host now before I have too many server regulars.

Just so I know, how are you certain they steal code? I am not defending them, but I have an issue in accusing someone without proof.

Got confirmation last night that it's just infiStar being silly, not them stealing the code, although someone with knowledge told me, maybe it was survival server or xstream gaming I can't remember now, i'm confused. I do have confirmation that it is being legally sold by vilayer, in the terms of a contract agreement between infistar and vilayer. although http://opendayz.net/threads/vile-layer-informative-post.14636/
I suggest you just go for DayZ.ST

The anti hack actually comes from http://blurgaming.com/ orhttp://infistar.de/

But you are right about this, still better to get it as it makes you able to edit everything for your own server.

Vilayer offers it as a Addon and customers have to purchase a key, they don't really get the script itself so yeah (and I have a deal with them). But
Shadow_otw

why do you ask this on opendayz instead of directly asking me? :D

Also:
I do know that the AH product they are selling is blur's product as it even still has the infistar branding.
--
It is not exactly the same but almost yes, well everything is handled diffrently and most important (as i alrdy said) you don't get a file but you do so from blur.

Offering it through a hoster directly is just another way so people can try it and if they like & want it, they can still buy it :) Blur is doing a very good job and his new page gives very easy access to a board/forum where you can get further information about the tool and even help if needed!

I appreciate that you are watching out on this :)

But you are right about this, still better to get it as it makes you able to edit everything for your own server.

Vilayer offers it as a Addon and customers have to purchase a key, they don't really get the script itself so yeah (and I have a deal with them). But

I appreciate that you are watching out on this :)
I guess it is me who is silly then :p (yes I saw that).
Infistar, I would also like to chat with you about a private project, (not mod related) but will include a bit of dough. Maybe we can talk after my exams are over? 2 weeks or so?

InfiSTAR: asking about a change and a product on an open forum is a great way to get feedback that is from actual users and not a company or sales support person. Its a third party view that can be valuable to a new server owner as well as someone looking to not just blow funds on a 'what if'.

I bought your product and am VERY pleased with it thus far. I asked a question via support and received a response within 24 hours. I followed the support recommendations and am waiting to see if it took care of the issue(s).

Hope that answers your question.

Shadow~

I do value this really high don't get me wrong. Please contact me if you need any help/if you have a problem as I can help you the best :)

thanks

i bought it from Vilayer also, wish I would have know that I could have gotten it another way and had more access to the files. There are things Id like to look at. Id also like to suggest infiSTAR, if possible, that you have some kind of "Request" or "wishlist" because Id love to request some features or whatever but I don't want to have to trouble you folks with a support ticket everytime!

Just a friendly reminder, OpenDayZ does not provide commercial server hosting support, if you are hosting with a server company and are having issues that are in no way affliciated with script or database errors then please don't post here.

Support is provided for -
Private Servers (self hosted ie. on a DS)
Script errors
Database errors
Server errors
Battleye errors

Support is not provided for -
Broken\not working control panels
PBO is not updating
Server isn't restarting
Can't access FTP or Database etc
Opendayz is not here to provide commercial server support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards
The OpenDayZ staff.

May not seem fair me locking this thread, but it is still regarding commercial services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back