Walking zombies for Dayz 1.8.6.1

BetterDeadThanZed

Valued Member!
I'm trying to search for a walking zombie instructions for Dayz 1.8.6.1 and it seems all I'm finding is instructions for Epoch. Does anyone have a good link to make the Dayz 1.8.6.1 zombies walk, but more deadly?

I played around with this tonight. In the developers continued moves to make it harder and harder to mod the mod, they moved some of these calls for zombies into the configs. It will make it very hard to pull this off.

which, as i said before, is what forced me to switch to the hated and despised epoch.
more players have epoch than dayz anyway. if you remove the traders, you can have vanilla dayz

I tried that approach, wasn't very popular. Getting a big crowd on vanilla (modified) at the moment.

In my opinion this is kind of a pointless modification anyway. The zombie are absolutely zero threat when you make them walk. You're better off just removing zombies or lowering their spawns to as low as possible.

agreed. but thats the way the game has gone, people dont want to fight zombies and survive. They want to buy tanks, and have safezones. Which as I have said many times, is NOT Dayz .. its some other type of game.
I did try to make the zombies run faster than players so you would make sure to not alert them but that proved more difficult than simply setting the forcespeed higher. As one other person here did this week though, he made the zombies more lethal by increasing infection rates.

If you have walking zombies then if they hit you one time, it should be a near-death experience. Like maybe they ALWAYS knock you down and alert all other zombies.

agreed. but thats the way the game has gone, people dont want to fight zombies and survive. They want to buy tanks, and have safezones. Which as I have said many times, is NOT Dayz .. its some other type of game.
I did try to make the zombies run faster than players so you would make sure to not alert them but that proved more difficult than simply setting the forcespeed higher. As one other person here did this week though, he made the zombies more lethal by increasing infection rates.

If you have walking zombies then if they hit you one time, it should be a near-death experience. Like maybe they ALWAYS knock you down and alert all other zombies.
At this stage in Arma 2 Dayz.. people just use the zombies as a way to know if a player is in an area. I think the majority of players who really want the dayz feel have moved onto Standalone or perhaps one of the Arma 3 mods like Breaking Point.

i think the entire zombie experience has been overdone and is passe'
standalone has lost players 16 out of 23 months since it was released. as you say, zombies are just a minor part (not even a feature) of playing dayz in 2015. as i have said for 2 years, people are playing some kind of survival arma mod and just call it Dayz out of habit.

BUT .... i have fond memories of dayz and actually trying to survive for days or weeks .. somewhere around 26 days was my record. i may setup a server with walking zombies that knockdown players and of course one bite and you are infected and die immediately. Nobody will play it, but i will be happy lol

Last edited:
Back