Wandering AI from vehicle patrols

Hi, thanks again for the latest update. Everything is pretty much running lovely.

Is there a way to make bandits despawn in certain conditions when they have left a vehicle patrol which has then carried on its way? I can see a ural with 12 or just 1 cargo seat taken and then one or more AI get out to rightly hunt something they've seen or heard. The vehicle will carry on, more often than not with the majority of crew still on board.

One vehicle patrol can quickly end up as one vehicle patrol and two small dynamic foot patrols.

I understand there will be some strange behaviour regarding cargo seats in vehicles, plus I do actually like the fact they don't all always pile out at once any more. But could the ones who leave the vehicle then reach a point where they have to despawn?

For example: if over 500m from the (or any) land vehicle patrol and when no human player is within 500m?

Thanks either way

Thanks for reporting this issue. Vehicle AI patrols are something both new to DZAI and to myself, so it will take long while until they're working flawlessly. At the moment I can't even say for certain whether I'll be able to fix this in the near future, but I will be on the lookout for solutions.

Cool. When testing again today, a Lada with 1 cargo seats shat out 2 AI when I flew low over the vehicle. The Lada then carried on and the 2 bandits just hovered around in the area.

Also noticed today that my static spawn groups are not despawning either. All I did when setting these up was cut 90% of the locations out of the world_chernarus.sqf file and leave only a few areas in the file. In dzai_config I have this
Code:
DZAI_staticAI = true;                           
DZAI_respawnTimeMin = 1200;
DZAI_respawnTimeMax = 2400;                                    
DZAI_despawnWait = 120;

I went to one of the locations, 6 AI spawned. I killed 2 and drove off. I was at least 5km away before I then tabbed out to go get some food etc. Came back in and checked the AI markers and the other 4 were all still running around, 45 minutes after I'd left.

The only thing I've edited with DZAI is the stuff in dzai_config, the global classnames and as mentioned the world_chernarus.sqf file. This was tested on an empty server with no other AI systems (missions etc) running. It's happened 4 times out of 4 now.

Apologies if I've missed something in the setup.

Did you check if your non-despawning AI is related to this entry in the 2.1.0.1 changelog?

[FIXED] DZAI now terminates AI group management script before deleting the group. Should prevent undefined variable RPT errors from being generated if the script is busy checking group units while the group is being deleted.
  • Side effect: Terminating the group management script will prevent debug markers from being deleted. (That's why they're meant to be a development-only feature)

To check if AI are properly despawning, you should rely on the debug output by the DZAI Monitor instead of the debug markers.

Well, they were definitely still running around as I TP'd to them to make sure. I've since just lowered the cargo seats to 1 for all land vehicle patrols and we've got used to seeing the odd hostile weirdo knocking around at a roadside.

I will need more details since I've been unable to replicate this problem. For example, exact instructions to replicate the problem and the specific spawns affected.

I've seen this too, and I have been trying to catch it in the act. I did manage to find 2 abandoned vehicles, one rolled on it's side and the other nosed into a ditch. Takistan, while it seems like a large smooth map, really it is like a bed of nails with a sheet thrown over it.

The other behavior is that a crew of 4, everyone gets out but the driver... sometimes he drives around willy nilly until the vehicle catches fire and then he gets out. Other times he just bolts and leaves them to fight. I'm not sure if this is intended though, it almost seems kind of funny if it was (screw you guys I am going home).

I went from 1.9.9 to 2.1.0, that was when I started to see changes. You're welcome to any data I have.

General advice to everyone: the vehicle patrols work best if you limit your vehicle choice to armed vehicles with only driver and gunner(s), and avoid use of cargo units altogether. AI addons such as WAI only spawn driver and gunner units and this setup seems to work perfectly fine for everyone else. The AI just gets unpredictable when you start adding in cargo units.

Update: A fix is in the works for this issue with land vehicles. No ETA yet, I'm still in the early testing stages.

Back