Way to make vehicles be more damaged - guaranteed two broken wheels and red engine for example?

dagg929

Is there a way to make vehicles be more damaged - guaranteed two broken wheels and red engine for example?

Anyone who can help it's greatly appreciated. I want helicopters to spawn completely red everything with no fuel and for cars and the like (not motorcycles/bikes) to have red engines and at least one broken wheel if not two each. I've looked through the spawn code and it doesn't look like there's too easy a way to complete this.

Have a look in the vehicle table in the database, there's damage_min and damage_max values. They can have a value from 0,001 all the way to 0,999. You won't be able to set damage of individual parts though. (at least using this method)

I'm more looking for individual parts. We're encountering where stuff spawns with damage of .7 and when you get in it it goes to 100% fine hull-wise anyways.

I'm more looking for individual parts. We're encountering where stuff spawns with damage of .7 and when you get in it it goes to 100% fine hull-wise anyways.
That's not because of the database - if I understand your situation correctly, that is a bug in DayZ with vehicle damage and not something related to Reality or fixable.

I've never been able to find a fix for it. The only workaround is to use a server that has static vehicle damage instead of random, which I think is less great. It appears that any vehicle that doesn't have at least 1 component damaged to 100% will automatically repair itself. The solution might be a hybrid, random damage on everything but glass, make all glass broken on every vehicle?

After awhile we decided to make pretty much every vehicle spawn with no fuel. Realistically we figured with the majority of the population eaten, you're going to find more functional cars than people to drive them, but odds are people have stolen the fuel from all of them. :cool:

We left the good off road vehicles pretty rare to compensate, and put civilian stuff EVERYWHERE. Like 80% of the 200 vehicle spawns got shot up the first 24 hours, but people actually drove them into town instead of hording them.

What's the way to make them spawn damaged, ie, if I want to have all skoda's spawn with a damaged wheel or the like?

Would this be done in the parts table? Care to post your example? I have an idea but I just had no idea I could set some parts to 1. I figured the spawn script would ignore that.

You cannot spawn them damaged, they will not spawn. However, in the db_spawn_vehicles.pl file at or around line 118

Code:
# Generate parts damage
my $health = "[" . join(',', map { (sprintf(rand(), "%.3f") > 0.85) ? "[\"$_\",1]" : () } split(/,/, $vehicle->{parts})) . "]";

Back