weapon mod?

Nope... Any weapon packs or community mods require the client to download and launch their game with the appropriate startup parameters. Some dayz mods like Taviana and Namalsk have merged the dayz code with the community addons. This allows the client to only have to launch Arma with @taviana....or whatever it is. You can add most community addons on top of dayz but it still requires the server and the client to have all the needed files. If you add a weapons pack this still won't allow the weapons to spawn in game. You will have to edit the loot spawns and replace or add the weapons you want directly into the tables. http://opendayz.net/threads/100-custom-loot-tables-tutorial.8474/ . Hope this answers your question.

Would other players see the weapons people have told me they half to have my version of a mod but I played on a server wit weapon mods with downloading anything

Ya there is some beta patch loop hole that lets you unlock a bunch of the arma 2 weapons, the other weapon packs like the ones in rmod or other community packs still require the client download.

Back