--with-Buildings

Kaster

Hi,

I just added this feature to my server, but don't know where to find the buildings class name to add them to the server, can someone give me a hand?

Many thanks!

The mission file is automatically passed to the players when they connect after the lobby. Once you hit okay past the lobby you should see the reciving mission progress bar, this is the server passing the mission file to the client. So yes, they will have to download a new mission if you add buildings buy this method....but they have to download the mission almost everytime they connect anyways so it doesn't impact the player at all.

That sounds nice, do you have a guide or something so I can start with the mission editting?
Thanks

This download from Amraholic should point you in the right direct. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Basiclly,

1) Always make a backup of the mission you want to edit, and only edit the backup.

2) Open the mission in the 3d editor (you can get to the 3d editor by hitting Alt E from the Arma 2 menu screen)

3) Load the mission.sqm you want to edit.

4) You must first create a center inorder to place units so place center, then place a unit (soldier, and make sure you set it to playable), from there you can go about adding buildings.

Back