WORKING - Siphon Fuel Script

Is there a generous guy who can help me out with the siphon fuel mission.pbo for Chernarus? And perhaps upload a working one? Thanks in advance! Will pay you with extreme amounts of love :)

Has anyone figured where to put the stringtable.xml in the mission's pboand how to execute it? Or is it automatic once it's in the \fixes\ folder?

Think I missed something somewhere...everything works except that the vehicle I'm siphoning from doesn't have its fuel reduced...basically stays at the same fuel level.

Attachments

• compiles.sqf
    22.9 KB · Views: 16
  • fn_damageActions.sqf
    9.5 KB · Views: 24
  • init.sqf
    2.1 KB · Views: 14
  • siphon.sqf
    1.2 KB · Views: 18
ok it works so far...
i have the salvation mod too on my server
and the menu of salvation is blue...
so how can i change the text color of siphon also to blue in the scroll menu?

Think I missed something somewhere...everything works except that the vehicle I'm siphoning from doesn't have its fuel reduced...basically stays at the same fuel level.

Sounds like you are missing the variable to update the vehicle.

ok it works so far...
i have the salvation mod too on my server
and the menu of salvation is blue...
so how can i change the text color of siphon also to blue in the scroll menu?

I'm sure there is, I cant remember where I saw someone do this. Maybe the Strip vehicles script?

I love the BS admin edit on the OP. Apparently code cant look similar without someone complaining about it.

"Posted on Github 2 months ago" - Yet never posted here for anyone to know that.

Whatever.

I'm sure there is, I cant remember where I saw someone do this. Maybe the Strip vehicles script?

fn_damageActions.sqf

Code:
        //CAN WE SIPHON THE OBJECT?
if ((fuel _unit > 0) and _hasJerryE) then {
            r_action = true;
            _action = _unit addAction [("<t color=""#FF9800"">" + ("Siphon Fuel") + "</t>"),"siphon\siphon.sqf",[_unit], 0, true, true, "", "'ItemJerrycanEmpty' in magazines player"];
            r_player_actions set [count r_player_actions,_action];
        };
he has colored it... but without the variables you have used...
im quite not sure how to combine these 2 variants into one nice and working one...
maybe you can take a look at it?

That will still work for you. It colors the option "Siphon Fuel". He just made a static value instead of a string + vehicle type.

I'll take a look when get home.

i cant get this to work :( i have got a refuel script installed so dont know if its anything todo with that but i cant fill up with a jerry can any more.

im hosted on dayz.st if that makes a difference

i think i may have worked out what my problem is...

with dayz.st i dont have access to fn_damageActions.sqf, i created a file with this username and pasted in the code provided. After having a look at fr1nks file it turns out that there should be a lot more code in that file lol...

could someone post a vanilla copy of the file for me please

i think i may have worked out what my problem is...

with dayz.st i dont have access to fn_damageActions.sqf, i created a file with this username and pasted in the code provided. After having a look at fr1nks file it turns out that there should be a lot more code in that file lol...

could someone post a vanilla copy of the file for me please
From R4ZoR49 1.7.6 Github.
https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/blob/Development/SQF/dayz_code/compile/fn_damageActions.sqf

Would there be any specific reason why the siphon option doesn't come up on a vehicle with fuel and an empty jerry in my inventory? I've already installed 20+ scripts and written my own so this looked fairly basic yet I'm clueless.. I've pasted the above code, changed the string references to static and made the following changes to my code:

compiles.sqf
Code:
fnc_usec_damageActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\fn_damageActions.sqf";

fixes\fn_damageAction.sqf
Code:
_hasJerryE =    "ItemJerrycanEmpty" in magazines player;
_action = _unit addAction [format[localize "Siphon Fuel From %1",_typeVeh], "fixes\siphon.sqf",[_unit], 0, true, true, "", "'ItemJerrycanEmpty' in magazines player"];
I also tried just "siphon.sqf" for the above.

More than likely it is how you did the static format.

Gagi2 did this. Try it out.
Code:
 _action = _unit addAction [("<t color=""#FF9800"">" + ("Siphon Fuel") + "</t>"),"fixes\siphon.sqf",[_unit], 0, true, true, "", "'ItemJerrycanEmpty' in magazines player"];

so any progress in about changing the color of the entry to match the blue removal entries?
but not the static version... i mean WITH the variables...

Try this:

Code:
[format[localize "<t color='#0096ff'>str_actions_siphon_1</t>",_typeVeh]

Not sure if that will work with localize or not.

Hmm, interesting, anyone else getting this kind of issue?:

5:59:15 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf not found
5:59:15 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf not found

And it keeps going down the list of ALL the files under the dayz_code. This some type of initialization error on my part?

Back