• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • whats a script??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FallingSheep

OpenDayZ Lord!
Hi Guys, Sheep again :p

So ive been messing around with a script to try and stop zombies walking thru walls/doors

well on my ventures down this path ive made a different script

What it i does is let set a building that when zombies come to close they die
(works great with the stick fence as they kinda look like spikes :p )

my question is this, do you guys want it??

Why is it so hard to set a check for zombies to pass a collision hash like players? I'm a huge fan of logical behavior and it drives me nuts too watching them phase through walls and doors, suddenly appearing right beside you.

Sure, post your code as it's always good to share things but bear in mind it just creates yet another way for people to exploit. Lately I've been seeing my players carrying a plot pole and using it to 'clear' a zone around them before they engage the AI missions. They stop the placement before the pole is finished with the animation so they keep it in their inventory but the zombies in a 50 meter radius are cleared. It's a simple matter to whip it back out too if the zombie heat turns up so it's something I'll be fixing this coming weekend, probably adding a short timer before the pole's effects start.

semi related there is a script to delete zeds with agn safezone might be usefull in this (or to add to your pack sheep) ..will find link and edit post (sidenote been trying to get it to delete ai (DZAI) units that enter safezones with no luck)

semi related there is a script to delete zeds with agn safezone might be usefull in this (or to add to your pack sheep) ..will find link and edit post (sidenote been trying to get it to delete ai (DZAI) units that enter safezones with no luck)
I've managed to get the zeds to stop walking thru stuff, but that's it they just stop lol won't do anything else after that, I'll post the defense script tonight if I get the chance

semi-related, you could probably go into wherever their movement is determined and do a waitUntil (just like in AGN) and delete the AI, I think DZAI refers to the AI as _unit (double check the files) so you would do
Code:
waitUntil { !canBuild };
deleteVehicle _unit;
at the bottom of the get marker code or whatever

EDIT: For DZAI the file would be BIN_taskPatrol.sqf (I think) and we could probably do an if statement instead of a waitUntil around line 140 or so
Code:
if (!canBuild) then {
deleteVehicle _grp;
};
This is just a guess. May have to use a different file or place it differently

this isnt working for dynammic AI?:
Code:
//List of marker-defined areas where dynamic AI spawns should NOT be created. These markers may be of any shape (rectangular or circular).
//Markers can be defined in /world_map_configs/custom_markers/cust_markers_(mapname).sqf (Default: [])
DZAI_dynBlacklist = [];
or is it about static AI?

that is unrealted schwede , thats for spawning they will still walk into a safezone or trader or any area .. thats just where they cant spawn in
its all good tho were 99% done deleting ai and il add it to my released safezone and safe zone add ons

i have got a working safe zone ai delete now!
thanks to all the efforts helps and one dedicated coder on my team we worked it out just bug testing and checking for odd behavior but it seems to work and il make a release post

i have got a working safe zone ai delete now!
thanks to all the efforts helps and one dedicated coder on my team we worked it out just bug testing and checking for odd behavior but it seems to work and il make a release post
Well done!, I'll post what I got so far for anti-spam tonight, works but has a few weird bugs.

Back