100% Custom Loot tables - TUTORIAL

What he could try is replacing line 25 of the custom compiles.sqf with:

Code:
building_spawnLoot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\building_spawnLoot.sqf

@Saethkept i just tried that, same problem though :(. I have two of those building_spawnLoot in each compile. One compile is in main and other is in the add on, i don't know if this is causing a problem as well?

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to nail down what is causing your problem. Something you already have added to your server mission PBO is conflicting with Seven's custom loot tables, and I am not sure what it is. Maybe he can help you if you ask him. Just to experiment, I created a custom compiles.sqf and put it into my own fixes folder, and Seven's custom loot tables still worked just fine - so it's got to be something else, and I cannot figure out what that is.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to nail down what is causing your problem. Something you already have added to your server mission PBO is conflicting with Seven's custom loot tables, and I am not sure what it is. Maybe he can help you if you ask him. Just to experiment, I created a custom compiles.sqf and put it into my own fixes folder, and Seven's custom loot tables still worked just fine - so it's got to be something else, and I cannot figure out what that is.
Its alright thanks for helping me though

Now you said look on the client side RPT logs, so does that mean that when I look at my server's RPT log it won't show up with "SPAWNING WITH CUSTOM LOOT"?

Can someone help me find out what I am doing wrong, I do have an edited compile.sqf in my scripts folder but I went in and changed the loot spawning to the new building_spawnLoot.sqf I added in for this script, if you can please do, I really want this to work :/

http://www.mediafire.com/?2w4k4tmdtmdf0di
(cant attach it to my post for some reason)

Can someone tell me how exactly the spawn chance works, cause at first look it seems like you out a value between 0.01 and 1 for what percent chance that item has of spawning..but then I saw a few items had a spawn chance of 2, so my question is what is 2 or is my above assumption about how spawn chance works just wrong?

It a weighted percentage. Take the three examples. Say every 0.01 = 1 so 0 to 9 is medical 10 to 109 is generic and 110 to 359 is military
You would then run a random int from 0 to the max total items (359). If it lands in any of these ranges it will decide on what item is spawning. The more of the same item is going to give it a higher chance of spawning.

There are many ways of handling this. But this is the simplest way to explain what is going on.

Your building_spawnloot.sqf is filled with random junk from pastebin

PASTEBIN | #1 paste tool since 2002

create new paste
tools
api
archive
faq

PASTEBIN
create new paste trending pastes

login
my alerts
my settings
my profile

Don't like ads? PRO users don't see any ads ;-)
Public Pastes

Untitled3 sec ago
Untitled13 sec ago
UntitledJava | 10 sec ago
Untitled11 sec ago
Untitled13 sec ago
Untitled14 sec ago
open SSH15 sec ago
Untitled23 sec ago

Dayz Custom Loot Tables v2.6
By: a guest on Apr 8th, 2013 | syntax: C++ | size: 13.18 KB | hits: 331 | expires: Never
download | raw | embed | report abuse | print
This paste has a previous version, view the difference.

So then i noticed all the military values have a 0.01 to maybe 0.1 as there spawn values and I slightly increased some of them, will this not work? Sorry for being so noobish, I'm still learning and I really appreciate the help :)!

So..
I deleted the Junk but.. The loot dont spawn ..
Or to say it better .. No loot spawn nothing
I can take a look at your pbo's when I get home from work in a few hours, just the upload your pbo that you removed the junk from so we can see if you have the correct stuff in there, also if you could upload your client side rpt log that would help, look at the first post in the middle I think for the file map on your computer that it will be located

Back