20 min night 1 hour day

Judging by comments made, I would assume that you would have to do some sort of sleep timer on the server that says after 40 minutes, skip ahead however many hours it is till dark, and then sleep 20 minutes, and then skip ahead however many hours till daylight. The inherent problems with this, is that all timers that the game rely on will trigger due to you jumping ahead in time.

So fundamentally you could do this, but it would provide problems, including the fact that the day/night cycles will be harsh (instant night, and instant light). After 40 minutes, all vehicles/loot/other timer based events would instantly spawn. I don't know what else relies on time (maybe weather) would trigger. It would be messy.

im a noob, and need to be spoon fed lol.
We're not always big on that around here. One thing I'll add is that it will look like crazy. Origins does this, and it's a huge, jarring lighting change every few minutes. Always made me jump, spoils immersion.

If you still wanted to do it, I would say look in the origins code to try and learn how they do fast time.

You might be able to setup a basic script that loops while the server is active and every 1 minute it will jump ahead 5 minutes, which would make 6 hour rotations, or every 1 minute jump ahead 11 which would make 2 hour rotations. If you can see the pattern here, it's just advancing the day faster, but you have to be warned that everything that relies on time, will also move forward that much faster.

Back