2017 name in ArmA 3? Your suggestions!

What should be the name for the "sequel"?

• Apocalypse 2017

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • 2017+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2017: Apocalypse

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 201Z

Votes: 2 6.9%

• 2017: Survivor

• 2017: Pandemic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 2017: Aftermath

• 2017: Doomsday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2017: Reckoning

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

gdscei

Valued Member!
So as you may or may not know, we're going to be developing 2017 for ArmA 3. It is not going to be a port, it's going to be a "sequel" to the mod in terms of that we will be coding from scratch designed specifically for 2017.

We need your suggestions for a name. We've already crunched up some names, so vote in the poll, and/or leave your suggestion for a name in a reply.

Thanks! :)

What ever you call it i'll be playing it :D
It could just be Dayz 2017 (saves buying a new domain) or you could go for :

Dayz 2017 : Aftermath
Dayz 2017 : Eschatology
Dayz 2017 : Dooms day
Dayz 2017 : Reckoning

Apocalypse 2017 sounds fitting :)

Its become a very far thing from the origional DayZ so changing the name around for the sequel is a great idea hehe. I cant wait to try it out :) + keeping 2017 will make it stand even more out in Arma III, as its set in what 2035 or so? :)

Dropping the Dayz name could be confusing for people who don't know what 2017 is but on the other hand it could cause problems with Bohemia Interactive, they now own the rights to the name Dayz and after the trouble them greedy money grabbing shits at Origins have caused it might be worth not have Dayz in the name.

We will be dropping the DayZ part of the name. The time in which ArmA3 is set has little relevance really as DayZ is not canon to the world of ArmA. 2017 is seperate also, i personally like 2017+ or 2017 plus as we can expand on the future time period 'since' 2017.

As Lee said, we won't be using the DayZ name anymore. To elaborate on his post, we are developing away from DayZ. We are starting from scratch and don't expect the full release of the "sequel" to be anywhere near DayZ. Sure, it'll have the zombie-survival aspect with loot, but that's about as much relevance as you are going to have.

I think 2017 would be great in the arma 3 engine with the new graphics etc, and with the new physics engine theres gonna be some gore mods going, so i think gore would fit perfectly in the brutal world of 2017!
I dont really see Limnos as the best island too host such a sequel maybe when map mods are released ( Quite soon after release). They will make a pine tree eastern european setting , such as chernarus style.

But yeah, gore please. :D

Please give a heads up if you need help with testers, our clan would be happy to help and offer insight.

At this point it should be disassociated from DayZ, but since Arma 3 is based in 2037, maybe something like Apoc 203z and using the idea that Ent suggested with the blood and the line.

At this point it should be disassociated from DayZ, but since Arma 3 is based in 2037, maybe something like Apoc 203z and using the idea that Ent suggested with the blood and the line.
One thing definetely not good is changing the base name of 2017 to something like "2035". Then people who liked the mod can't find it anymore. We want to disassociate with DayZ, but keep being associated with 2017.

I totally get that, I guess if you are using the non military weapons the actual timeframe of the game (arma 3) is negligible, as you will just be using Arma 3 for its engine.

Makes sense,

Do you guys have an Arma 3 mod/DayZ 2017 suggestion list yet?

I totally get that, I guess if you are using the non military weapons the actual timeframe of the game (arma 3) is negligible, as you will just be using Arma 3 for its engine.

Makes sense,

Do you guys have an Arma 3 mod/DayZ 2017 suggestion list yet?
Yes, we might use some weapons, but since the "story" of 2017 is set in.. 2017, we don't think it'll change anything about the immersion.

About the suggestions, we don't have a list for ArmA 3 yet, though we'll surely set this up soon.
For ArmA 2, this forum.

Maybe by this point the survivors are rebuilding? 2027 A New Beginning. I would love the ability to close off an area from zombies and start production of items.

Wouldn't it be better to develop for standalone since its client/server architecture will be eliminating much of the current script vulnerabilities. It is my understanding that this still exists in Arma3. I understand the want/need to distance the mod from DayZ. Arma 3 has better gfx, and atm movement, but standalone looks to be far more secure. I'm sure you guys are much more in the know than I am.

We won't/ don't have access to that. Don't think it'll ever be possible for us. We feel ArmA3 is definitely the way forward.

Thats a shame. I was under the impression Rocket was going to continue to support/encourage modding. Only brought it up because today the 3 servers I hopped on were being abused by script kiddies. They we doing the broken leg/stuck in vehicle hack to everyone. Rendered the servers useless.

Back