2017 name in ArmA 3? Your suggestions!

What should be the name for the "sequel"?

• Apocalypse 2017

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • 2017+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2017: Apocalypse

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 201Z

Votes: 2 6.9%

• 2017: Survivor

• 2017: Pandemic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 2017: Aftermath

• 2017: Doomsday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2017: Reckoning

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Maybe by this point the survivors are rebuilding? 2027 A New Beginning. I would love the ability to close off an area from zombies and start production of items.
I like this idea :) Survivors are trying to rebuild and the landscape has some crudely made structures built from junk, old vehicle parts used to repair structures etc

Thats a shame. I was under the impression Rocket was going to continue to support/encourage modding. Only brought it up because today the 3 servers I hopped on were being abused by script kiddies. They we doing the broken leg/stuck in vehicle hack to everyone. Rendered the servers useless.
Arma 3 has no BattlEye just yet, signature verification helps but give it time :) cat and mouse game will continue like always.
The SA will also be a target for the skiddies

+ Arma was never created as a game dominated by public servers. Up untill the DayZ wave almost 95% of all Arma servers were either passworded or whitelisted and run by communities.

DayZ brought the "open architecture" in Arma out into the light and created the perfect place for hackers to earn money on skiddies. Thats gonna chance dramaticly in SA as the entire game is being developed around "MMO Architecture", which basicly means clients are allowed to do near nothing, it pretty much only recieves data, converts it to the propper output for monitor and sounds and what ever is connected and then send data back to the main server. It doesnt run any scripts or codes that the server doesnt allow.

In Arma its the complete opposite :) Thats why its so damn difficult to prevent people from "using the game as intended" in times that its not intended if you get it heh.
BE will improve over time, but they were never prepared for this at all. It was a giant invasion of skiddies and it completely cribbled the game. In SA the coding is very different, so the hackers needs to learn it all over again, and not just adapt it abit, like with Arma 3 for example.

I hope it clears somethings and explains why SA will not be moddable like we know it, maybe not even at all.
And why Arma 3 is infected with skiddies before the game even "began" :)

Your both correct, Icewindo was the one who developed some of the unique models that are in DayZ 2017 :) those models for arma3 are really awesome and he's helped me with getting my own models into arma3 too. That guy is a legend :)

Back