4 Hour Day/4 Hour Night

Setting it up for 4 hours day one restart and 4 hours night on the next restart is going to be a little hard. I would just recommend setting up BEC and seeing if you can get access to hiveext.ini or even have them configure it for you since they are not giving you access to it. But if you can get access I would go for something like 6 hour restart times using a scheduler.xml and set your hiveext.ini time to about 15 and that would let the server run around 3-4 hours day time and then the remaining 2-3 hours night time. You would also get to experience the transition time from day/night.

My host Servival server doesnt support BEC nor willing to set it up.

So conclusion : you cannot use 1 restart day, 1 restart night if you dont have a dedicated box?

Well your problem is survival servers lol. I would get rid of them as soon as you can. They have the worst fucking support ever absolutely junk. And give it a few and you will have your server down for weeks without them giving any confirmation on the problem. I was with them for a month and couldn't put up with them anymore. Give verthosting a try they have answered all of my support tickets within minutes and they will also set up whatever you need.

EDIT: Also all servers can support BEC. It's just an additional addon they are just to lazy to setup it for you. I bet if you tell them you will pay to have it setup they will jump right on it.

Nah I've had it setup on my 1.0.4.2 epoch server and my 1.8.0.3 server. It will always work more then likely as it isn't a core mod. It's a stand alone program. And all they have to do is get the latest version from http://ibattle.org/

BEC instructions are confusing, tells me that you have to install it on your computer?

I thought this was done in FTP?

Are there any special instructions for Servival Servers?

You may be able to set it up on your computer and it would just be linked to your server I'm not sure my host has the option to enable it when purchasing the server and it gets setup automaticly and yes it's placed in the same files in the ftp where my hiveext.ini is.

I could provide you with a restart scheduler.xml but I've never set BEC up myself since my host already has the option so I'm clueless on what to do with setup.

Back