A change to zombies

Bejasc3D

Hiya folks, been a while.
I've recently returned after a bit of a break (last I played was 1.7.6.1), and came back liking the new 1.8 update. I usually play on a smaller server locked up to friends (just the way I like to play), with a couple of things heavily (and controversially) edited.

The main change I like to play with is 'slower zombies' - zombies that will only walk, even when pursuing you (or perhaps a little faster. again, just the way I like to play). You may suggest that this makes it too easy, and you're right, generally it would, but I also like to crank the spawn numbers quite some, which I'm pretty confident I can do. The main issue I'm having is with altering the speeds of zombies, and I'd like some assistance in doing so, if possible.

While using 1.7.6.1, I successfully did this, with the help of another package, but now I'm having trouble replicating these changes, it seems the structure of the code has changed around quite a bit since then, and I've not had any luck trying to do these things myself.

I'm quite inexperienced in this neck of the woods, but I can understand and 'read' a lot but not all code included. I'm just hopeless at finding where I need to be looking, and what I need to change to achieve this.

I'm sure there are others out there who would appreciate this kind of change, given the right customization to the variables such as speed, damage, and spawn number to suit their liking.

Is there anyone here in the community who could assist with implementing such a change? There's at least a few of us, especially me, who would love any assistance at all in achieving and implementing this.

Thanks!

edit; Apologies for any typos or rules I may have broken. It's been a while since I've been around here, and it's quite late at night, wanted to get this out asap!

Just a quick bump to say that I'm still interested in doing this, if anyone is available to provide some help.

A few details I left out which I should include, I'm using Pwnoz0r's latest package, with Shark's Tavi build or Chernarus, depending on how we're feeling.

A couple of pointers to the right direction would be very helpful indeed, and hugely appreciated!

Back