A.I. Base Guards

Kflo

How would I do the following?

I want to have A.I. guard player donor bases. Here is how I'd like it to work.

When other players besides the base\clan owners (based on PUID/GUID) enter within a certani distance of the base (kind of like the protected bubbles script) then the A.I. Spawn in at a certain marker and attack any players in the area. Then either disappear when the plahyers are dead or respawn within a given amount of time after the A.I. are killed.

They will not attack members that are in that PUID but will attack them BACK if they are attacked first. They will also engage the A.I. heli copters if they happen to fly nearby too.

Any ideas?

Because I was busy at the time of my last reply, I was only able to give a one sentence response. Here's a slightly more detailed explanation.

I personally don't agree with the concept of friendly AI. I could write a lengthy post listing all the reasons why, but the key point is that the main goal of DZAI is to keep players alert at all times by providing AI enemies to create ambient threat. Translation: always be on the lookout even when there are no players lurking around).

Friendly AI is actually more complicated than hostile AI to implement if you want to get it done properly and without any bugs. Sarge AI has support for friendly AI but also has certain issues such as being unable to board vehicles with other players if you've recently killed a friendly AI (there are other causes but I don't know specifics). It has a workaround to fix this, but even so it's not perfect from what I hear. Conditional friendliness such as "always consider X enemy but not Y, unless Y attacks first" is flat out impossible to implement flawlessly as far as I know.

My approach to scripting is to only produce something that I know I can make as bug-free as possible, not something that is bloated with all sorts of strange features and filled with bugs I can't even begin to wrap my head around. DZAI has never failed to work on any DayZ mod I tested it with, and it's survived countless updates from just about DayZ mod out there with little more than a few hotfixes to solve occasional compatibility issues. So I think my approach has worked very well so far.

Also if you see my post about development of DZAI, I'm scaling down the rate of development due to my lack of time. For now I'm focusing on improving the quality and stability of existing features before I eventually move on to adding new features.

Back