A time and light issue..

TWiG

Ok.. I have two instances, one running Taviana and one running Celle both of them have their HiveExt.ini date and time set up as shown below..

My issue is that both instances will start, and the time in game will be 7am, as it should, but only ONE of the two servers will have light level just as the sun is coming up.. the other seems like it is perpetually noon.

I set both instances up like shown, but only the 1st (celle) was starting with a low light morning.. so I kept messing with the start time for the 2nd (taviana) thinking that map had different sun cycle but it seemed to do nothing, eventually the light level changed and I set it back to 7am and it was great, till it was mentioned to me that now the 1st (celle) was no longer early morning on restart anymore.. and I cant get it to go back to being that way.

Any clues to what is going on??
Thanks in advance!!

Code:
[Date]
;Possible values: Local, Static
Type = Static
;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to
Year = 2012
Month = 6
Date = 4

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = 0
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 7

The sun rise / set is times is worked based from the maps longitude value & what date it is

Best bet is to extract the map bpo's find the config file with the longitude setting.
Then try the out the longitude value out out the app http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html or something similar

Once u got that done u can find a month & date where the daylight/nighttime cycle is what u are looking for.

Then define the server date in your hive settings file

The date may just have been changed after I did my original testings.. I'll try that out at next restart.

To clarify different maps while have a different longitude value set.

Arma is after a miltary sim first...
So basicl if u made a map who location is meant to be in ireland for example, and u set the maps longitude correctly.
Then if u ran a mission / map with the server date set as jan 1st, it would have similar sun rise & sun set hours as ireland would have @ that date.

So each map can possible have a different longitude value set.
U really need to check out the value is, and work out your lighting hours u want.
Otherwise u are just playing a guessing game picking a server date @ random

Yeah.. I understood all that. It was down to that I didn't realize a date got changed from when I was testing to find the exact time frame I was looking for. I should have seen it.. hahaha thanks for mentioning it cause that was my issue. and I feel silly now. hahhaa

Back