Accelerated Time

Hi,

I have this working with full moon nights but im no expert so will do my best to explain what i did to get it working for me.

For the full moon nights i used this guide http://sponsored.dayz.st/wiki/index.php?title=Full_Moon_Nights.

Place the Dayz Time folder with core_time.fsm inside your mission folder/pbo .
Add this to the bottom of your init.sqf [5,true,10,1,true,7] execFSM "Dayz time\core_time.fsm";

Edit your server_cleanup.fsm by removing this found near the top.

/*%FSM</LINK>*/
/*%FSM<LINK "time_sync">*/
class time_sync
{
priority=3.000000;
to="sync_the_time";
precondition=/*%FSM<CONDPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</CONDPRECONDITION""">*/;
condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"(time - _lastTimeSync) > 300"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
action=/*%FSM<ACTION""">*/"_lastTimeSync=time;"/*%FSM</ACTION""">*/;
};

This is the cause of the server resetting the time every 5 minutes.

For the battleye kicks i changed the following lines from 5 to a 1 because adding !"core_time.fsm" to the end of each line didnt stop the kicks for some reason.

1 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')" !"dayzSetDate"

1 skipTime !"\"skipTime\"," !"rskiptime = 'skiptime'" !"rskiptimecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'skiptime.sqf')" !"skipTime _posun;"

I hope thats everything as im in a rush and hope it works for yous!

P.S Im using this with dayzcc and can set my static time in the HiveExt.ini to what ever i like and the Accelerated time will start from the hour i set.

So does this mean every 1 minute in game is really 5 minues? I added this to my server and it seems to be working, the transition from day to night was light a light switch (thats how fast it happened). But it definitely seems to speed up the game time.

and the server syncs the time every 10 minutes so every 10 minutes would 50min have passed?

you can change how fast the time runs like i posted

//Skip 5 minuntes, use setDate, sync every 10 minutes, skip time every minute,Night Cycle, night skips by 7

[5,true,10,1,true,7]

but using what you posted would that mean 1 minute = 5 minutes and every 10 minutes when the time is synced would that mean 50 min has passed?

[5,true,10,1,true,7] 5 means it will skipp every minute 5 minutes and the 7 means when its night it will skip every minute 7 minutes.
You can also change the 1 intro someting higher like 10 then it will skipp every 10 minutes 5 minutes like this
[5,true,10,10,true,7]
Or skip every 10 minutes 30 minutes and when its night skip every 10 minutes 60 minutes like this
[30,true,10,10,true,60]
etc....

the 10 you see in this [5,true,10,1,true,7]means that it will sync the time every 10 minutes whit players dont set it to low as it causes stutter lag for some players .
So when a new player joins your server it will take 10 minutes befor his time is in sync whit everyone.
So for example i join your server and its 6 am on my watch and 7 pm on yours and everyone else watch it will take me 10 minutes befor its 6 am on my watch also .

Hi,

I have this working with full moon nights but im no expert so will do my best to explain what i did to get it working for me.

For the full moon nights i used this guide http://sponsored.dayz.st/wiki/index.php?title=Full_Moon_Nights.

Add this to the bottom of your init.sqf [5,true,10,1,true,7] execFSM "Dayz time\core_time.fsm";

/*%FSM</LINK>*/
class time_sync
{
priority=3.000000;
to="sync_the_time";
condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"(time - _lastTimeSync) > 300"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
};

For the battleye kicks i changed the following lines from 5 to a 1 because adding !"core_time.fsm" to the end of each line didnt stop the kicks for some reason.

1 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')" !"dayzSetDate"

1 skipTime !"\"skipTime\"," !"rskiptime = 'skiptime'" !"rskiptimecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'skiptime.sqf')" !"skipTime _posun;"

P.S Im using this with dayzcc and can set my static time in the HiveExt.ini to what ever i like and the Accelerated time will start from the hour i set.

I attempted this and continually get kicked for script restriction #42.
I followed the directions above.
Does anyone have any idea as to why #42 (5 setDammage) would be effected here?

Thanks for the help.
Matt

I attempted this and continually get kicked for script restriction #42.
I followed the directions above.
Does anyone have any idea as to why #42 (5 setDammage) would be effected here?

Thanks for the help.
Matt
The numbers don't line up exactly btw, but I still have the setDate and skipTime at 5, I just added ," !"core_time.fsm"," to both of them in the proper place.

The numbers don't line up exactly btw, but I still have the setDate and skipTime at 5, I just added ," !"core_time.fsm"," to both of them in the proper
The numbers don't line up exactly btw, but I still have the setDate and skipTime at 5, I just added ," !"core_time.fsm"," to both of them in the proper place.
Would you mind attaching the script lines that you added for setDate and skipTime? I didnt think I messed mine up but obviously I did lol

Thanks for your reply,
Matt

Code:
5 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"core_time.fsm"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')" !"dayzSetDate" !="[\"dayzSetDate\",        { setDate (_this select 1); }                        ] call registerBroadcastRpc;" !"if(isDedicated) then {\nsetDate _date;\ndayzSetDate = _date;\npublicVariable \"dayzSetDate\";\n};

5 skipTime !"\"skipTime\"," !"core_time.fsm"," !"rskiptime = 'skiptime'" !"rskiptimecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'skiptime.sqf')"

Hi,

/*%FSM</LINK>*/
class time_sync
{
priority=3.000000;
to="sync_the_time";
};

im getting this error in my rpt

Code:
Error in expression <skipTime _skipTime;

_lastjipupdate = time;

JipT>
Error position: <_skipTime;

_lastjipupdate = time;

JipT>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _skiptime

EDIT: I think i was using the script core_time.fsm from armaholic, the one on this forum works with the dayz servers. so far everything is working and no more errors. gotta wait to see if the time actually goes by.

[5,true,10,1,true,7]
You can use setDate(true) or setTime(False) Use setDate so you dont see the clouds skip.

put this in your init
[5,true,10,1,true,7] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

I have been having trouble getting this working... I have a few questions if someone could help me once more :)
Does this work with Dayz.ST?
If so; What should I change in the control panel? (Dayz.st/control) Un-check always night of course but what about time zone?
Do I need to set a date somewhere to make this work? Mission.sqf or ???

Here is what I used.
Code:
[5,true,10,1,true,15] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm";
Skip every 5 mins during the day and every 15 during the night; every 1 min?
I would like to get 4 or 3 hour days with 1 hour nights.

Thanks in advance and thanks for previous help.

did you delete that portion in dayz_server.pbo somthing.fsm?

and you are initializing it in the init with the

Code:
X5 speed updates every 10 and at night X15 speed

where your code should be: mpmission\dayz_1.chernarus\fixes\core_time.fsm

did you delete that portion in dayz_server.pbo somthing.fsm?
Yes

and you are initializing it in the init with the

Code:
Yes it has been added to my init.sqf
Will try this.

Do you know
Does this work with Dayz.ST?

Thanks for the reply

Listen you kids, how about you all host a wasteland server and stop fucking this mod up with your shitty servers. I can't believe you're telling me about a survival aspect with the kind of servers you guys are running.

lol the fun police here, i can just picture a old man shaking his cane when i read some of your comments. First off, calm down. You obviously don't understand how mods evolve and new ideas are brought forth with imagination and creative thinking. No one forces YOU to play the game with these features. Your version as bland as it may be for others, but perfect for you and your players will still be there.

There is no reason for you to come on here and bash peoples creative ideas because it doesn't fall under your idea of the mod you know and love. The lack of respect and maturity from a supposed adult (because were all kids right?) you should know better that this IS A MOD and what that entails.

Code:

I tried it the mpmission\dayz_1.chernarus\fixes\core_time.fsm and the time does not change... I dont know what im doing wrong.
I also tried [5,true,10,1,true,15] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm" but get kicked for script restriction #40 with both setDate and skipTime at 1.

I added did the following...
Code:
[5,true,10,1,true,15] execFSM "mpmission\dayz_1.chernarus\fixes\core_time.fsm"
to the mission.pbo\init.sqf
Put core_time.fsm into my fixes folder in root of mission.pbo
Removed
Code:
/*%FSM</LINK>*/
class time_sync
{
priority=3.000000;
to="sync_the_time";
};
from server_cleanup.fsm

Did I miss something?

I tried it the mpmission\dayz_1.chernarus\fixes\core_time.fsm and the time does not change... I dont know what im doing wrong.
I also tried [5,true,10,1,true,15] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm" but get kicked for script restriction #40 with both setDate and skipTime at 1.

Code:
to the mission.pbo\init.sqf
Put core_time.fsm into my fixes folder in root of mission.pbo
Removed
Code:
/*%FSM</LINK>*/
class time_sync
{
priority=3.000000;
to="sync_the_time";
};
from server_cleanup.fsm

Did I miss something?

so your just getting kicked for restriction? cuz that means its working.

and does anyone know why the night time schedule doesnt go as fast as it should?

i just watched after ten min at night 630am-640am

with
Code:
[6,true,10,1,true,12]

so i waited and saw that it only skipped 5 min, please help me if i am wrong but every 10 min it updates it should go X12 the normal right at night? so shouldnt it go like 120min each 10 min real time?

i run a 4 hour restart and want them to encounter every min of it. whats the right selection to fit those 24 game hours into 4 hours of real time

so your just getting kicked for restriction? cuz that means its working.
Have skipTime and setDate set to 1 in my scripts.txt. Doesn't that mean it shouldn't kick me? I will try it w/o battleye later to confirm this is the only issue.

Code:

Did I miss something?

missing ; at the end :D

Back