Add buildings to dayz_server help requested

Bourne

I'm trying to use some of the building packs on opendayz that other authors have provided, but I have tried to create a folder within my dayz_server folder. When I tried to see if the buildings were placed they were not.

What I did:

Inside dayz_server I have a folder called "buildings" , this contains my additional map files.
I edited the server_functions.sqf within the dayz_server/init folder to call the two map files at the very end:

Code:
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\checkpoint1.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\TikhayaCity.sqf";

Do I need to put anything in the mission init.sqf file to call these or should it automatically be done?

I can get it to work fine using the mission file. But I was trying to keep the mission file smaller.

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\checkpoint1.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\TikhayaCity.sqf";

Put those two lines of code in the bottom on your server_functions.sqf

This should work well for you

Hi everyone,

I have been trying for 6 months to move my custom cities, goldmines, prison, forts, bases from mission side to server side with no success.

They work fine on mission side.

I do exactly what this thread says and when I boot into server it says it can't find the first custom base.

[]execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\lopatino.sqf";

so all buildings and places are missing. I cut/paste the names and path so its not a typo. It seems my path is in question can somebody explain the "\z\addons\dayz_server part is that going to the server.pbo uploaded to my provider? Survival Server and/or could my path be wrong?

thanks in advance
Gramps

Not sure if this matters, but I use "\" and not "/".
Like: call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\x.sqf";

Back