Added items ignore height and vertical orientation

Ixxo

Please help!

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or if it's an issue with an old mission file being used for new a Epoch server but when I place buildings in the 3D editor using the init this setVectorUp [0,0,1] it, firstly, gives me an error message (only after I go to edit the object) which I noticed you now need to change the init to object setVectorUp [0,0,1] for it to accept the code and, secondly, after I input the biedi file into ScareD's converter and then into my mission.sqm file and jump into the server I notice that the objects have not saved height or vertical information.

Sorry for the long winded post but this is causing me a headache and I want to create some really cool stuff but all the items fall back to ground level and totally ignore the setVectorUp init command when I test them in the server and I am stumped right now as to what I am doing wrong or if it just an Epoch issue.

Here's an example of my test biedi file and the converted file.

The biedi code for a hangar
class _vehicle_15
{
objectType="vehicle";
class Arguments
{
POSITION="[12092.814, 12611.145, -1.5258789e-005]";
TYPE="MAP_Hangar_2";
AZIMUT="20.489628";
INIT="object setVectorUp [0,0,1]";
PARENT="";
};
};

The converted code for the hangar
class Item3
{
position[]={12092.814, -1.5258789e-005, 12611.145};
init="this setpos [12092.814, 12611.145, -1.5258789e-005];private _pos; _pos = getPos _this; _this setVectorUp [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, (_pos select 2) + 10];";
azimut=20.489628;
id=3;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="MAP_Hangar_2";
skill=0.60000002;
};

What server host are you using? I'm am having the same problem with Vilayer. I have a server hosted by HFB and the setvectorup [0,0,1] code works fine.

If your stuff are saved properly (with the proper Y axis value) then YES its epoch doing it.
I had a similar problem with Base Building. All my structures would be with Y=0 on server restart.
There is an easy fix for this, described here
Read the file from the top....but that quote is the answer. After i changed that 'if' to that....then everything was fine :)

-ps : Also an epoch server.

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems that I managed to forget one of my units in one of my sqf files. A stupid thing to overlook but it just shows you how one small thing overlooked can make the whole pbo freak out. My server is with Vilayer too but in all honesty (apart from the initial setting up period) they have been nothing but good to me so far.

In my above post I was putting items straight into the mission file but since I now put my added objects in my server files and call them in it keeps the mission file small and all the vertically aligned building issues have gone.

Back