Adding Buildings to Komarovo or Kahmenka

Justin Barnes

Do you think it would be too much to add lootable buildings to both of these towns on a PUBLIC server? I've been considering it and went through numerous servers today looking at customizations... lots of people are pretty tightlipped about their addons though. Would this be game breaking or a game making addition to put in a firestation in Komarovo and a school in Kamehnka?

- Brick

>.> omfg! is bliss really the only way to spawn your own buildings?!? i've looked for weeks trying to find out how to add buildings and stuff, but it all leads to that one wofjwof place. I use pwnzors private server files, i've found out how to add vehicles, how to edit loadouts, run rcon, as well as tips and tricks to manipulate files. I've still no idea how to add permanent buildings, add more lootable items, or merge two mission files.

if someone knows a way to do that with pwnzors server files, plz let me know. so far, the only way to do that is by unpacking some pbo files. but that is only a temporary thing that lasts up until the database is restarted.

so far, the only way to do that is by unpacking some pbo files. but that is only a temporary thing that lasts up until the database is restarted.

Thats not true. To spawn your custom buildings you don't have to edit your pbos. You spawn your buildings in your desired location in the 3D Editor and then run the script on wofjwof. Easy as shit.

It's also not true that spawning custom buildings is not permanent. The buildings are implemented in your database which is permanent.

^^ true. Although its not the best way to add buildings in my opinion.

The problem is when you come to add more buildings, for instance another hospital. But wait you have already added one, you have to clear your instance building table and readd.

I add buildings by creating an SQF file for each group of buildings or each particular project. Then executing it through the init.swf file in the pbo. Yes it makes the mission PBO slightly larger but it takes load off the DB and its a shit ton easier, as the editor makes the file for you, all you have to do is edit it slightly and pack it in the pbo. Also if someone then notices a bug in one of the buildings, you can comment out the SQF file your having problems with, repack and restart and boom, the issue is gone until you have time to fix it. Rather than trawling through the DB.

Anyways, all that is just my opinion and a full guide of how I do it will be posted tonight, If I get off my arse :)

Rossy

Thats not true. To spawn your custom buildings you don't have to edit your pbos. You spawn your buildings in your desired location in the 3D Editor and then run the script on wofjwof. Easy as shit.

It's also not true that spawning custom buildings is not permanent. The buildings are implemented in your database which is permanent.
You must have not read my post.
I use pwnzors private server files,
Wofjwof is about as useful as a blood bag in the hands of a lone wolf.

That wou
^^ true. Although its not the best way to add buildings in my opinion.

The problem is when you come to add more buildings, for instance another hospital. But wait you have already added one, you have to clear your instance building table and readd.

I add buildings by creating an SQF file for each group of buildings or each particular project. Then executing it through the init.swf file in the pbo. Yes it makes the mission PBO slightly larger but it takes load off the DB and its a shit ton easier, as the editor makes the file for you, all you have to do is edit it slightly and pack it in the pbo. Also if someone then notices a bug in one of the buildings, you can comment out the SQF file your having problems with, repack and restart and boom, the issue is gone until you have time to fix it. Rather than trawling through the DB.

Anyways, all that is just my opinion and a full guide of how I do it will be posted tonight, If I get off my arse :)

Rossy
That would be great! I'm tired of this whole unpacking and 3D nonsense. Especially since you can't load server maps in the editor. Useless bananas.

I've found an easier way to add in buildings on the server that i script for, i'd be willing to help you out if you would like, just hit me up on ts3, vukm.teamspeak3.com

I have (private hive)
NEAF - 4 barracks, ATC tower, firestation, extra hangers, hospital
Balota AF - 2 barracks
Cherno - 2 barracks by firestation
Elecktro - 2 barracks by firestation
Kamenka - grocery store and firestation
Berezino - 2 ships
Skalisty Island - 10 barracks
Starry Sober - 3 barracks by tents
Custom Bases for clans

So far the players that have came onto the server have enjoyed the extra buildings.

Back