Adding Trees to a Map

Willow

I feel like this is probly really simple and i'm just not seeing it.

I want to add tress to the maps i use on my server. I currently run Panthera and Cherno. I've used the 2D/3D editor, DB, pbo, scripts blah blah. Pretty much know what i'm doing, but i'm new to the Arma scene and can't seem to find any object for trees.

My goal is to increase the density of some of the forested areas to make hiding emcampments a bit easier especially in panthera.

think that's not possible. Trees are no objects, they are part of the base map.

Sadly you cant, not on cherno anyway. there is a mod that allows you to add trees i made a forrest with rocks and such at that little bridge between cherno / Elektro that actually looked rather good, But sadly the trees wont stay unless you use Rmod, Panthera could be possible without Rmod.

MAP and MGP are the two main map tools i use as well as OA editor is also helpful will post a link once i find them.

Only way these objects are going to stick is if every user has an extra addon PBO to allow the definition of the tree models to objects. The true map editor (Visitor) allows you to place raw models into the map. You cannot do this with the editor unless you define the objects in your config.cpp to make them dynamic objects. Which essentially creates a non enterable vehicle that loads the tree model.

Without every user using the extra addon PBO you need they will not see the trees.

Back