Adding vehicles

RichyM92

Hello I currently host a server from DayZ.st and I was wondering how can I add vehicles to the server after I have used the ingame editor to add all the vehicles to the position I would like them to spawn at. I save the mission and i have the mission.biedi which i think is only for the buildings I also have mission.sqf and mission.sqm

before i used a DayZ script converter to add custom buildings into the server, while doing so i also tried to add vehicles while adding building which caused it to fail when tring to add it into instance_building. How would i add for instance_vehicle?

Thanks in advance

I have also tried this method but I have never used Xampp before and I had a error message "Warning: file_get_contents(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Missions\missionfile.sqf) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Downloads\dbMissionParser1_1.php on line 44
Class NamePositionVehicle ID

0 vehicles added to the database spawn tables."

That error "to me" says that you've not set up Xampp properly, or another program on your machine is blocking the port. Xampp should install and configure itself without much interaction. When I turn that php script it works fine, I do get a few errors but it still adds the vehicles to my database. Make sure you have nothing else in the mission, like buildings as this might cause parsing errors.

Other than that, I'm not able to help you any further. You could try the old school method of standing on the map in-game where you want the vehicle added, logging out, getting your worldspace and adding the vehicle manually through the database. But that's something you'd need to search for on here or google.

All the best and I hope you get it sorted. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

On a side note, you are putting the mission file in the same directory as the php script before running it ? Because that's what I've been doing.. Just a thought!

Maybe try WAMPSERVER instead, it's like XAMPP but by another developer. I'd advise completely uninstalling XAMPP first though and then running a registry cleaner like CCleaner.com , just to make sure nothing is broken in your registry.. then install a clean copy of http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Failing that, I'd be more than happy to log in and help you figure it out via TeamViewer

Silly question, but are you editing the php file and changing the db fields?

Code:
// DATABASE CONNECTION INFO //
$dbhost = 'DB_HOSTNAME';
$dbname = 'DB_NAME';
$dbuser = 'DB_USERNAME';
$dbpass = 'DB_PASSWORD';

$fileName = '/path/to/your/missionfile.sqf'; //path to your mission.sqm file
$chance = 0.5; //Set a default chance for all vehicles spawns created. If you want different chances you have to edit them one by one.
$worldID = 1; // Refer to the world ID's below for your specific ID

Also, I changed the path to:

$fileName = 'c:/xampp/htdocs/missionfile.sqf'; //path to your mission.sqm file

Not sure if that makes any difference, but it has always for me.

Thank you! I got it working using Xampp. It seemed when I was doing localhost/dbMissionParser1_1 i was forgetting to add the .php at the end.

There are many variables involved with hive spawns. Firstly, in your database there will be a min and max spawn variable per vehicle (i can't teach about this stuff as I'm a noob myself), along with the chance of that spawn happening at all. I think the php script sets it to 0.5 . But anyway, I don't know how your server works, but mine spawns new vehicles at midnight every day, but I can manually go to the cpanel and click SPAWN along with setting the maximum number of vehicles I want to see on the map.

Back