AI attributes--what do they mean?

PipBoy

More noob questions!

I'm still tweaking my Bandits to create the perfect threat for me and my friends and I'm trying to figure out exactly what the attributes of the AI represent/how they make the AI react.

I'm talking about this list:

["aimingAccuracy",0.35, 0.10]
["aimingShake", 0.35, 0.10],
["aimingSpeed", 0.80, 0.20],
["spotDistance", 0.70, 0.30],
["spotTime", 0.65, 0.20],
["endurance", 0.80, 0.20],
["courage", 0.80, 0.20],
["reloadSpeed", 0.80, 0.20],
["commanding", 0.80, 0.20],
["general", 0.80, 0.20]

I know higher is better (the closer to "1" the better the attribute) and I'm pretty sure I understand that there's a random number added to the stat per AI spawn (per unit, not per group).

Question 1: the first value is listed at "min value". Does that mean that the above soldier with .35 in a stat has a MIN of .36 and a MAX of .45 (.35+.01 to .10 from the random addition)?

Now for a breakdown of what I know/think. Please correct me if wrong!

Aiming Accuracy--fairly obvious (I think), determines how well they shoot. If you imagine a ringed target, 1 is a bullseye, .75 is the next ring, .50, .25, etc etc. I also assume that weapon accuracy/distance still figures in. So a "bullseye" could still miss.

Aiming Speed--Pretty sure this is just how fast they point the gun at you and line up the shot.

Spot Distance--Also obvious, but how does it relate to actual distance? Is a "1" 1000m? I also assume if 1 group member spots you, they all spot you.

Spot Time--I'm guessing this is how long you have to be "visible" for them to spot you. So if you cut across a street within their spot distance, they might not see you?

Endurance--Is this how long they can sprint for? Or is this a health value?

Courage--Really confused on this one. From what I've seen it looks like if a Leader is killed, the other units have a chance to despawn (flee, basically). I could be entirely wrong.

Reload Speed--Is this how fast they actually reload once empty, or how long they take to decide to reload once empty?

Commanding--No clue what this is! Halp!

General--What exactly does this all cover?

Random question #1!
Can you do a % chance with weapons like with items?
IE: ["weapon",50] for a 50% chance of using that weapon?

Random question #2!
How does the AI react to nighttime? Do they have magic-night vision?

Thanks!

Back