AI bad ass

ukdayz

I want to increase the AI skill, should the values below be higher or lower

["aimingShake", 0.90, 0.10],
the higher the aim shake the less it shakes or more ?

["spotDistance", 0.70, 0.30],
the higher the spot distance the further away a survivor can be seen at ?

// if you are spotted by AI group, how close the other AI group have to be to You , to be informed about your present position. over this, will lose target
KRON_UPS_sharedist = 400;
this is for NWAF being hard to take control of is 400 too much ? will it cause lag ?

//Heli Patrol NWAF
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf,3,true] call SAR_AI_heli;

is taken the other patrols out and leaving in the above line enough to only have NWAF patroled ?

thanks for the help

As far as i know, and have eksperimented with, the skills should be higher. The closer to one the better the skill. For the "KRON_UPS_sharedist = 400;", it wont matter if you are in a city area, or in a bushy area, since the still wont see you through buildings or trees (sometimes they do see through trees :-/ ). If you are on a field though and they spot you from 400 meters you are a little fucked ;) As to the lag, it depends alot on how many bots you got on your safer + how many players, the more engagements the more lag, so a little hardt to say without testing it your self.

Yes i would say its enough to leave that line in if you only want nwaf patroled :)

would someone be able to give me an example of how to increase heli patrols in all areas?

It might be clumpsy but i would add a marker like:

\\MORE CHOPPERS
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_Starychop", [6143.6167, 7721.5176]]; \\coords for Stary
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [7000, 7000]; \\think there is 7 clicks to the edges from Stary?.
SAR_marker_Starychop = _this;

In the "SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus" in Map_config. And then just make another line like Sarge allready did (further Down in that same file where choppers are spawned ) with choppers referring to the marker that i just gave you (SAR_marker_Starychop). If you do this, you can pretty much spawn as many you want flying all over the place.

Before i wish you Goodluck, i might say that its very late where i am atm, and am not in front of my normal computer, so if this thread doesnt make any sense (or is completly wrong) then thats why!!! ;) Goodluck!!!

drayzin is partially right.

a) setMarkerAlpha should be set to 0
b) the merkersize would cover the entire chernarus map - if that's what you want it's fine.

Sarge

drayzin is partially right.

a) setMarkerAlpha should be set to 0
b) the merkersize would cover the entire chernarus map - if that's what you want it's fine.

Sarge

basically i want more than 1 chopper patrolling around chernarus map,say a good few in all areas if thats possible

It might be clumpsy but i would add a marker like:

\\MORE CHOPPERS
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_Starychop", [6143.6167, 7721.5176]]; \\coords for Stary
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [7000, 7000]; \\think there is 7 clicks to the edges from Stary?.
SAR_marker_Starychop = _this;

In the "SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus" in Map_config. And then just make another line like Sarge allready did (further Down in that same file where choppers are spawned ) with choppers referring to the marker that i just gave you (SAR_marker_Starychop). If you do this, you can pretty much spawn as many you want flying all over the place.

Before i wish you Goodluck, i might say that its very late where i am atm, and am not in front of my normal computer, so if this thread doesnt make any sense (or is completly wrong) then thats why!!! ;) Goodluck!!!

For "_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_Starychop", [6143.6167, 7721.5176]]; \\coords for Stary"
Each line i make,I gather i need to add new coords for different locations ?
Also i want heli`s to fire back more often,and Ai Bandits to have a higher skill,were can i change the settings for that? - Want to give players more of a challenge.

Many thanks

you define rectangular areas where you want the helis to patrol.

These need to be defined as above as a marker.

Then you spawn in helis for these specific areas. It's all explained in the grps_cfg.sqf file.

Sarge

If you need more cords for different places try Google. That's where I got all mine ;)
For the skills, I recommend not upping their accuracy too much. Instead try increase their command a lot, they sure do try to flank you then :)

you define rectangular areas where you want the helis to patrol.

These need to be defined as above as a marker.

Then you spawn in helis for these specific areas. It's all explained in the grps_cfg.sqf file.

Sarge
Thankyou,i will try my best at it :)

If you need more cords for different places try Google. That's where I got all mine ;)
For the skills, I recommend not upping their accuracy too much. Instead try increase their command a lot, they sure do try to flank you then :)

Sounds exciting ;)

Back