AI bandit skin

ukdayz

Hi

i have tried hard to find this fix, and i'm sure its in here but i'm not using the right words when searching.

AI bandits are all i have running on my map (cherno) no AI soldiers or AI survivors, but when the bandit spawn in goups of 3 or 4 they are not dressed as 3 bandits i have 1 bandit 1 soldier and 1 survivor, it makes it hard for players to know if they are about to kill friendly due to the server being no pvp i must fix this problem
please help

thank you for the direction

i have been able to tweak a few things in that (i hope)

but i still feel i will be guessing this part so hope anyone can confirm this will work the yeloow lines are the parts i changed

// military AI
SAR_leader_sold_list = ["Rocket_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a soldier group
SAR_sniper_sold_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a soldier group
SAR_soldier_sold_list = ["Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

// bandit AI
SAR_leader_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a bandit group
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ['Bandit1_DZ', 'BanditW1_DZ',"Bandit1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

// survivor AI
SAR_leader_surv_list = ["Survivor3_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leaders of a survivor group
SAR_sniper_surv_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a survivor group
SAR_soldier_surv_list = ["Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

Code:
SAR_soldier_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ", "BanditW1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

This is what you want i assume.

Sorry for being thick on this :(

i added the line you gave me and the yellow was also something i changed so it looked like this do i need to cahnge the yellow back to what it was which was sniper1_DZ

// bandit AI
SAR_leader_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a bandit group
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ['Bandit1_DZ', 'BanditW1_DZ',"Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

and it now looks like this

// bandit AI
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ", "BanditW1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

thanks again,
I now have AI in bandit skin ,WICKED

they are in bandit skin but sometimes they show in the scope as survivors, have i made a mistake ?

sadly i thought i had turned off vehicle stealing, but i watched a bandit driving around NWAF for 2-3 minutes on an ATV (he could drive it well too)

where am i going wrong

Code:
// enable / disable AI stealing vehicles - if you enable this, be sure to check KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist value below
SAR_AI_STEAL_VEHICLE = false;

You are 100% correct there. What you see is that for some kinds of vehicles, the above doesn't work. That's all combat vehicles. The AI only uses them when they are in combat, either with players or with Zeds.

I'll try to have a 100% vehicle deny in my next release, need to tweak the standard Arma AI for that though.

The survivor class is defined in the config file, cant change that without major issues. I saw as well that sometimes they show up as survivors if you hover over them. Might have something to do with how much your player char knows about them already.

I'll keep an eye on that, and if it's sth i can influence.

cheers, Sarge

shouldnt make a difference. depends where they get the vehicles from. If you switched off the vehicle usage, as i said, they will only get combat vehicles. What you can try is to set

KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist

to sth like 10000 and see if that changes anything, that one would mean they only get vehicles for waypoints further away than 10000 meters(which should not be possible)

cheers, Sarge

Back