AI enter helis

Hi Richardfromlost,
I'm not completely sure what you're trying to achieve:
  1. disable vehicle stealing by the AI completely or
  2. disable vehicle stealing by the AI just for the heli's
Not sure if 2. is possible without modifying the SAR AI code, maybe Sarge could give more insight into this ;)

For 1. you could disable vehicle stealing by the AI completely. Check out your SAR AI config file in your mission PBO:
Code:
addons\SARGE\SAR_config.sqf
and look for the line #57:
Code:
// enable / disable AI stealing vehicles - if you enable this, be sure to check KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist value below
SAR_AI_STEAL_VEHICLE = true;
change it to false, so it looks like:
Code:
SAR_AI_STEAL_VEHICLE = false;
The AI should no longer steal your vehicle.

If you keep the AI stealing the vehicles, do also have a look at the value of:
Code:
// Distance from destination for searching vehicles. (Search area is about 200m),
// If your destination point is further than KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist, AI will try to find a vehicle to go there.
KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 600; // 700, 900
in the same config file from line #169 to #171 and adjust it to your needs.

best regards
GabberM

The problem here is that helis are armed vehicles ... and the above fixes only prevent AI from hijacking transport vehicles. IF the AI are in combat, they will nick a heli that is around.

Atm no way to prevent that, i would need to remove the complete logic from UPSMON, which i won't do.

What is interesting though - my AI on my testservers can land like pros ... are you sure they are destroying the things while landing ? Might have something to do with their skills then, i'd expect a survivor with low skill to do that in RL as well :)

cheers, Sarge

they go down to fast thats why they crash :(

okay i will prevent them from stealing any vehicle, and set up there helicopter skills(it is in the config file right ?) that should help a lot on the problem :)

Back