AI Heli patrol prob

zombiestomper

Hi,
I"m STILL very much a noob at all this (especially scripting) but I'm trying to learn. I have SARGE AI set up to work on my server. The random static spawns are working great but, I can't figure out how to get the heli patrol to work. I haven't changed any of the premade settings anything in any of the files that SARGE provided. Do I need to set up the heli patrols myself or are those already supposed to be working? Any help on this from someone more experienced with SARGE AI, would be greatly appreciated :)

the should already be working, in your rpt files what does it say about sarge ai?
I set up everything as described in the tutorial. The heli's are spawning in but blow up as soon as they spawn in game. I changed the line of code in my server_cleanup as described under the "killed a hacker" section, but they still get blown up. Like I said, I'm a noob just starting to learn scripting, so I'm pretty sure there is something I missed. If you or anyone would like to look at the files and maybe see if you can find out what I did wrong, please let me know what files to upload.

Look @ server_cleanup and read 1 more time the manual and check what pack are u running Reality or pownzors... there are 2 different line setups for it... If they blowup it means u missed the server_cleanup part with DIALOG "kill the hacker"

Or just upload files... but try to fiz it by urself.. coz it makes u think and act more carefully... this is basics to scripting

Look @ server_cleanup and read 1 more time the manual and check what pack are u running Reality or pownzors... there are 2 different line setups for it... If they blowup it means u missed the server_cleanup part with DIALOG "kill the hacker"

Or just upload files... but try to fiz it by urself.. coz it makes u think and act more carefully... this is basics to scripting
I have checked but im not sure what im looking for? Here is my RPT log:
- network id 2:943
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f2a040# 1056079: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:958
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26e88080# 1056084: baf_soldier_light_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:986
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26e74080# 1056087: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:996
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 4d896040# 1070844: baf_soldier_light_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:3370
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f58080# 1056068: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:910
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f3e040# 1056072: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:927
- person Rincewind
- dead
"SpawnCheck Loc.Agents: 34/25. Models: 25/50 W.holders: 2/50 (radius:200m 26fps)."
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f34080# 1056076: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f2a040# 1056079: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26e88080# 1056084: baf_soldier_light_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26e74080# 1056087: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:996
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 4d896040# 1070844: baf_soldier_light_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:3370
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f58080# 1056068: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:910
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f3e040# 1056072: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:927
- person Rincewind
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 26f34080# 1056076: baf_soldier_1_baf.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- person Rincewind
- dead
- person Rincewind
- dead
- person Rincewind
- dead

And my server_cleanup.fsm:

" if(!(_x isKindOf ""WeaponHolder"")) then {" \n
" diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING AN AMMOBOX "" + (typeOf _x));" \n
" deleteVehicle _x;" \n
" };" \n
" } forEach allMissionObjects ""ReammoBox"";" \n
"*/" \n
"" \n
"//Check for hackers" \n
" {" \n
" if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
" diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
" (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
" _x setDamage 1;" \n
" };" \n
" } forEach allUnits;" \n
"" \n
"/*" \n
"//Let's move this into the body removal sequence so uncontrolled flies are removed only if corpses are cleaned" \n

How many military ai groups u have ?

And did u changed the helist they are flying with ?
I just have the standard AI heli patrols that sarge set up, nothing added and also no changes to the heli's the AI are flying. I only have the little birds and huey's added in my database because those are the only ones I spawn in for players to fly.

i need ur dayz_server.pbo and ur mission files.. just upload them somewhere and give me a link
I sent u a private message in conversations and included link to my files
Thanks

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, the ground AI patrols are spawning and working. Only the heli spawns are not working. I wanted to set up static AI to defend NWAF, Balota, Stary and Electro but couldnt figure out how to do it

I sent u a private message in conversations and included link to my files
Thanks

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, the ground AI patrols are spawning and working. Only the heli spawns are not working. I wanted to set up static AI to defend NWAF, Balota, Stary and Electro but couldnt figure out how to do it

copy this

HTML:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103089923/SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf

and replace your one and edit to your needs

dude it's a clear pbo that u sended me.. ofc they will blow up coz u didnt do all the things

https://github.com/Swiss-Sarge/SAR_AI-1.5.0/blob/master/README.md

Follow steps

A2... with server_cleanup.fsm
Look for (around line 320)
" if ((count units _x==0) ) then {" \n " diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: "" + str(_x));" \n
and change the FIRST line to to:
" if ((count units _x==0) && !(_x getVariable[""SAR_protect"",false])) then {" \n " diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: "" + str(_x));" \n

A2) Adjust your server_cleanup.fsm file for "Killed a hacker" fix located in dayz_server.pbo \ system
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
Change that to
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

You should to that aswell... so if u need pbo managet to extract pbo's go to
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369
Wish u luck and read manuals next time plz and follow all the steps... and i hope ur useng notepad++ id not get it from
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Keep going...

dude it's a clear pbo that u sended me.. ofc they will blow up coz u didnt do all the things

https://github.com/Swiss-Sarge/SAR_AI-1.5.0/blob/master/README.md

Follow steps

A2... with server_cleanup.fsm
Look for (around line 320)
" if ((count units _x==0) ) then {" \n " diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: "" + str(_x));" \n
and change the FIRST line to to:
" if ((count units _x==0) && !(_x getVariable[""SAR_protect"",false])) then {" \n " diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: "" + str(_x));" \n

A2) Adjust your server_cleanup.fsm file for "Killed a hacker" fix located in dayz_server.pbo \ system
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
Change that to
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

You should to that aswell... so if u need pbo managet to extract pbo's go to
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369
Wish u luck and read manuals next time plz and follow all the steps... and i hope ur useng notepad++ id not get it from
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Keep going...
Thanks for your help but still having problems. Sent u a private message in conversations.

Thanks

Back