AI Info Needed Please

Virtual BFF

I want to get another Server and was wondering if Sarge AI is the same as Stalking WAI? I will be hosting a Survival Server and when I emailed them on adding Stalker WAI with rifles they replied back > We have that listed in pay addons as Sarge AI, I thought Sarge AI were (No offence on creator) the stupid ones you can walk up and hatchet and take guns, I would like the Hardcore suckers that follow you in buildings to hunt you down. Are they the same?

Thank you in advance...

GT - Otis Driftwood

What is Stalker WAI? I never heard of an addon or script for arma/dayz.

The most AI in DayZ react the same way, at a point a danger.fsm jumps in and handles the behaviour of the units.

What is Stalker WAI? I never heard of an addon or script for arma/dayz.

The most AI in DayZ react the same way, at a point a danger.fsm jumps in and handles the behaviour of the units.

I am not sure, that is why I was asking :) I joined a server on DayZ Commander in the header was Stalker AI, they followed me through 2 towns and then i hide in a barn and they surrounded it and one came in, I was unarmed and he lite me up Server IP is 192.31.185.214:3017 ... Thats what I want in my server

The only AI Script i know, the ai follows the player through 2 towns is SargeAI.
In SargeAI groups of AI patrol in a given grid on the map.
DayZAI has static and dynamic spawns, but they despawn as soon as you leave an area.

It exist a lot other AI Addons for Arma, but no one has ported them to DayZ so far.
And these are extra addons, and the Client/Player has to download and activate it by himself.

Maybe the server owner has written a script by his own, or edited SargeAI to his claims.

Thank you Rock - I also found out you can edit the SargeAI for how aggressive they are like Normal to Hardcore and how many.

Your my Hero :)

Stalker WAI is probably a remake of wai just more advanced one im just guessing tho because STALKER is in the name

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

So do you think it is just Sarge AI with script adjusted? I had a Server with SargeAI added but they seemed like Recruit, they where always in 4 and they would stand and then lay down and just repeat that, I could actual sneak up and axe one and take the gun and shot the others, I want like the Server I mentioned above where ther are aggressive and can shot accurately but also enter buildings.

Thank you

you can find that settings in "SAR_config.sqf"
looks like that for different types of the AI:
Code:
SAR_leader_sold_skills = [

["aimingAccuracy",0.35, 0.10], // skilltype, <min value>, <random value added to min>;
    ["aimingShake",   0.35, 0.10],
    ["aimingSpeed",   0.80, 0.20],
    ["spotDistance",  0.70, 0.30],
    ["spotTime",      0.65, 0.20],
    ["endurance",     0.80, 0.20],
    ["courage",       0.80, 0.20],
    ["reloadSpeed",   0.80, 0.20],
    ["commanding",    0.80, 0.20],
    ["general",       0.80, 0.20]

];
the first number bettween 0 to 1 is the base value, the second is the additional random value, that will be added to the base, 1 is more skill, 0 is less skill

DayZ AI may despawn after you leave an area...but that's only true if they havn't been alerted to your presence...at least in my experience. I have had AI chase me down for ~10-20 minutes then corner me. Plus they are tough as hell to kill with default settings.

No, static spawns if a trigger was activated these trigger has a range of 600 meters if you leave these area the AI despawns after a timeout, i believe 2 minutes. It's the same for dynamic spawns.

No, static spawns if a trigger was activated these trigger has a range of 600 meters if you leave these area the AI despawns after a timeout, i believe 2 minutes. It's the same for dynamic spawns.
You sure? I don't use the static but i've had the dynamic chase me for quite some time

Dynamic and static despawn, if you leave an area.
PHP:
_trigger setTriggerStatements ["{isPlayer _x} count thisList > 0;",_trigActStatements, "[thisTrigger] spawn fnc_despawnBandits_dynamic;"];

fnc_despawnBandits_dynamic: deletes the units after a sleep/timeout (despawnBandits_dynamicV2.sqf)

if you leave an area.

the subject was kinda if you dont leave the area or if they follow so...
From what i see they are not bound to this area hence the dynamic not static by its very nature thats how its supposed to work at least by the wordage used,(and from what i see it follows that logic) if you leave it they follow the area is dynamic the range you speak of to despawn moves with them and only when you leave it do they despawn.

im guessing static works how your saying not dynamic , where the area is the static one you set and when you leave it after the despawn time of no presence they are deleted, and dont pursue out of the static area, but i could be wrong, i dont use static.

but dynamic area moves dynamically with them so if they are close enough they will always be around you till you escape them chasing. might have to get some to follow me for more then the set range but within it to see for sure, but from memory they are relentless for 1000's of meters if they can see you.

Back